Windows Forum Admin
Hope you are having a good new year! Here is the latest news to report:
- The forum software has been upgraded (in fact - it has been upgraded several times since the last changes were posted, but specifically, it is at the latest version now)
- An update to the WindowsForum.com mobile app for Android has been pushed out to Google. (This fixes the breaking-changes bug found in the last version for some Android phones including the Note 4)
- The mobile app update will be pushed to Amazon later this week. There is a new version for Apple devices that is still under work.
- Additional extensions have been updated for mobile app support.
- The entire web server software has been upgraded.
- PHP has been upgraded to 5.5.20.
- Last month, the main system kernel was updated.
- Our elasticsearch engine is currently down and this is being worked on. For now, the regular (and perhaps slower) search engine is in place.
- Additional unspecified website improvements are now officially on the way!
- Elasticsearch is fixed.
- Now using noCAPTCHA reCAPTCHA instead of KeyCAPTCHA.
- Some internal sever updates.
- Entirely new Media gallery now online.
- News feeds have been re-calibrated for new Microsoft technology and should be less intrusive.
- Any news article from "Live RSS Feeds" with certain criterion, posted by the News bot, was removed.
- You can now view the latest Unanswered Threads.
- Fixed image upload - Thanks for the heads up, @Trouble