Windows 7 Java says it's installed, but when I try reinstall it says it doesn't exist.

exitenz

When I try to install java because my browser says it's not installed it says it IS installed. So it asks me if I want to reinstall that's fine too. Then it gives me an error message saying that you can only do that if it's already installed.
I'm really confused. I can't find java anywhere. I can't find folders of it it's not in the add/remove programs list either.
And Windows suggests installing the latest version. And I don't have a clue as to how to fix this.

Hi exitenz and welcome to Windows 7 Forums. First, if you want to know if Java is installed, go to Control Panel, there will be a Java icon there if it is installed. Are you using Windows 7 64 bit, because if you are you need to install Java 32 bit & 64 this might be where the confusion is coming in. If you do have a Java icon in Control Panel, I would just suggest you uninstall it and start over, keeping in mind you need both 32 & 64 bit. Good Luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Back