Windows 7 Just installed Windows 7 Ultimate FINAL release...

Radenight

Hey all,

I just finished installing the Signature Edition of Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit).. ;) So far I have noticed a big difference in performance over the RC and the first RTM build.. Much snappier, more responsive and overall just better to be blunt.. :) The file transfer system has also been improved a great deal in my opinion.. ;) Now to run some benchmarks when I get home from work.. I'll post the results as well as some screenshots later on this evening hopefully..

I also noticed that there are a lot more 64-bit drivers (at least from the big developers) now then there was when the RC or even the first RTM build were released.. Which is a very good sign..

All in all I don't think there will be too many upset Windows fans with this release.. ;) (Excluding the whole price thing of course)..

Is the signature edition using different code? How is it faster than RTM?

No, it uses the same code as the regular versions.. I just find it is a bit snappier overall then the first RTM build that was released back in August.. ;) It may in fact be no different than that build but to me it does seem a bit faster, especially when transferring files to and from an external USB source.. ;)

and how can i download this version ... can you send private message with a torrent. thanks

You can't download it. Besides, torrenting it isn't going to get you a valid key to use it with.

I have the same version. I got it from being a host on HouseParty.com. There were 2 other ways to win it, I forget the other 2. The only way to get this version is to enter a Microsoft Contest...

Besides, there are only 50k copies in circulation. That's why they call it Limited. It's the same as all the other versions of W7 Ultimate, but the case is signed by Steve Ballmer...

We if you get a valid key it won't be valid forever as Microsoft will those keys and start the countdown until your OS features stop working.
I installed the RTM as an upgrade and an it still takes awhile to boot since i copied over the OS and the things that caused Vista to boot slow are still on my machine. I noticed my boot times increased heavily when I installed Acronis True Image.

Im also running the new se7en 64-bit ultimate. So far so good. Things do seem much snappier than the RC. My only hiccup now is figuring out how to remove the vista 32 bit install.

Back