Windows 8 Just out of curiosity

Diamoon

So I wanted to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 8 Pro, and which so on as I was going to, I was unable to upgrade it because of two reasons;
1 - I cannot get through my Desktop screen nor to my Log In screen
2 - My Windows 7 Hard Drive has this message "disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter"
So just out of curiosity, am I suppose to fix this by using any form of Windows 7 Disk? If not, what other ways are there for me to fix this solution.

We need more information about your steps in arriving at your current situation. Did you start the update to Windows 8 by booting to the DVD or from within Windows 7?

What messages did you receive, for instance, did it way it was rolling back the update?

Have you checked your bios to make sure the drive with the OS you need is selected as first priority.

If Window 7 is supposed to be you current OS after the update attempt, you might try to do a Startup Repair in window 7

We need more information about your steps in arriving at your current situation. Did you start the update to Windows 8 by booting to the DVD or from within Windows 7?

What messages did you receive, for instance, did it way it was rolling back the update?

Have you checked your bios to make sure the drive with the OS you need is selected as first priority.

If Window 7 is supposed to be you current OS after the update attempt, you might try to do a Startup Repair in window 7

Window 7 is my current OS but it has the "disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter" message. How do I do a Startup Repair? I wanted to upgrade my Window 7 to Window 8, and yet at the very same day, the disk failure message showed up

A Startup Repair is done from the Recovery Media. It has been a while since I have used any of those options, but it may need to be done up to 3 times, and 4 times if Linux was involved.

The message is saying it is not finding a bootable device.. Resetting your drive's priority in the Bios may help or you may need to reset the boot file for the system. Depending on how far the upgrade progressed, your system may be in an undetermined state due to a partial install, but you would know best about that situation.

A Startup Repair is done from the Recovery Media. It has been a while since I have used any of those options, but it may need to be done up to 3 times, and 4 times if Linux was involved.

The message is saying it is not finding a bootable device.. Resetting your drive's priority in the Bios may help or you may need to reset the boot file for the system. Depending on how far the upgrade progressed, your system may be in an undetermined state due to a partial install, but you would know best about that situation.

So I guess most likely, I'll have to use the Recovery Media first then. Just hope I don't lost all of my files, projects and other stuff that I've worked on for many, many years.

One last question. If I were to have a clean installation of Windows 8 on my Hard Drive ( The one with the disk boot failure ), and knowing in the Control Panel in Windows 8 how there was a program/option about all the files from Windows 7, would that bring all my W7 files to my W8?

Back
Top Bottom