Windows 7 Kernel Error ID 41, Task 63, Keywords 2

jsanK

Hey guys, so, im getting the ye ol' Kernel 43; long story short, i was getting constant BSOD because of bad timings on my rams, i fixed that by enabling DOCP on my motherboard and while it "overclocked" my ram, it did a mini auto overclock on my CPU, a 4 year old Phenom II BE 960T, while it was running slightly hotter, it wasnt anything critical, well the BSOD stopped...till i started getting this kernel; back then it was 2 weeks apart from each error sometimes even a week, i thought i fixed that, by removing the CPU overclock and manually setting my rams. But last night, i got a new kernel, 1 month and 7 days later.

I dont really know what else to do, is the CPU dieing? is it getting fried? the PSU is brand new and its a EVGA 600B Certified. I guess, here is the log

Event xmlns="">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-11-12T08:38:27.538808800Z" />
<EventRecordID>45678</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>AuroraHorizon</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Please help!

Hi,
sorry i missed your post, I've moved it to the correct section and ideally we need to see the dump files created when the machine bsod's.
You can use the app found in this thread to collect the data:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
If no dump files are present then chances are you need to set up your machine to produce them.
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

You will of course need to bsod again before you'll see a dump file created. Please zip up any data collected and post it to your thread.

I get no blue screens, system simply freezes then it reboots, sometimes i need to reconnect SSD sometimes i dont, i just got another kernel, funny how windows doesnt tell me anything as in nothing happened but the events log does register a kernel

EDIT:

New Dump:

<Event xmlns="">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-11-15T05:47:18.554408800Z" />
<EventRecordID>46787</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
</System>
- <EventData>
</EventData>
</Event>

Last edited:
Hmm.. That looks like a dump file. Try running the app in the thread linked to above.

Hi,
I checked the Rar file you sent but no dump files are contained within. It might be that your machine isn't configured to produce them. Make sure your settings are like this:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

You will have to wait until the machine bsods again before a dump file will be produced. Once it does post it up and we'll take a look.

Allright mate i just did, it said "Kernel Memory Dump" instead of the small mem dump, i will post back if i get another kernel. But as i said already, when i crash i dont get a BSOD, my system simply restarts.

Is your pagefile enabled? Also if your positive your not getting blue screens and after what you said about overclocking etc try setting the bios to 'optimised defaults'.

BIOS is already on deffaults, nothing is overclocked and yes, no blue screens while getting the Kernel, i know that its a kernel because i check the events log

Try running a system file scan to see what state the os is in. Open the start menu and find command prompt, right click on it and choose run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Just got another one, basically it happens randomly, system locks, i have to manually shut down (holding power button) wait 10 secs, and it turns on perfectly. I just checked minidump folder and i see no minidumps :/

If i press the Reset button on case, it never detects the SSD, only a hard reset works

Last edited:
Just ran the scan, no problems were found

Could it be the wall? usually my computer never shares the outlet with anything, but on this wall, its sharing the outlet with a power extension that has 3 things plugged in and on this same wall is a 220V outlet for an AC, could it be that the power from my pc's outlet is unstable? no, it is not directly plugged into the wall its plugged into a power regulator; i ask this because i used to get kernels when i had my CPU on auto OC, once i removed that OC they stopped, all of that on a different room from where my PC is right now, but ever since i put it here, i've had these kernels, and they're quite frequent now

Dump from events log:

- <Event xmlns="">
- <System>
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-11-16T21:33:05.554408800Z" />
<EventRecordID>47364</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
</System>
- <EventData>
</EventData>
</Event>

Can you list your system spec including graphics card and PSU (age, make and model).

What happens if you run prime95 for 30mins? Check temperatures too (please post the idle and full load temps):
Prime95
GIMPS - Free Prime95 software downloads - PrimeNet
HWINFO64
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download

Check the SSD with Seatools:
My Solid State Drive may be defective, how can I test it?

Have you moved the pc recently or been inside the case?

Is there any dust build up inside the case?

Make sure all your connections are tight.

Prime runs stable, regular load temps (55c)

Inside the case, i moved it to other room where the outlet where my PC is shares power with a power cord extension that powers a TV a TVcable box thing and an Air Fain, and on the same wall on top, is a 220V outlet for the room's AC, regularly my computer has the poweroutlet for itself and no other outlets are on that wall, luckily im moving back to my old room on wednesday where the outlet for it is alone, no other electrical gadgets are there, all my connections are actually tight since i just checked it and in there everything is clean

System:

AMD Phenom II BE 960t (got it around 2011)
Sapphire 7870 (2013)
asus sabertooth 990fx (june this year)
2x4 Corsair Vengeance ram (2011)
SSD Corsair LS Force (this year)
EVGA 600B (june this year)

As for the wall socket being dodgy, I suppose it's possible especially if there's a lot of appliances plugged in. Probably your easiest way of finding out is moving it back like you say to it's original socket or, if possible, remove everything but the pc.
As well as Seatools can you also post that system spec including psu (make and model).

Both of my drives passed at 100% for SMART
System:

AMD Phenom II BE 960t (got it around 2011)
Sapphire 7870 (2013)
asus sabertooth 990fx (june this year)
2x4 Corsair Vengeance ram (2011)
SSD Corsair LS Force (this year)
EVGA 600B (june this year)

Also, the pc is in a dodgy spot and there is no backplate on it (the mobo didnt came with one, it was a gift from a friend overseas) By dodgy, i mean that its close to a wardrobe filled with clothes, and i've noticed that since my kernels being this recent, that door has been open, i know it sounds silly but i just closed it, maybe some dust is getting trough the back since i have no backplate, causing some static? if i could move right now i would, but cant until wednesday, hopefully there i shouldnt get any kernels since conditions for my system are optimal i suppose

Back