Windows 7 Kernel-power critical ID 41 (63)

iainlyle

yeah, ok, ive been getting this while playing high graphics games like Dawn of War II and mass effect 2 on high...

Event xmlns="Link Removed due to 404 Error">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>2</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-09-16T14:55:38.005211400Z" />

<EventRecordID>7476</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>Iains-Comp</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

- <EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Its been rather annoying, it just restarts and leaves an error report in Event Viewer, and i would be VERY grateful if someone helped :)

(if the above info isnt helpful, please tell me what to paste)

well, i havent had a BSOD since yesterday morning 2am....
i think that problem is just calming down..... no dump files..... just this annoying turning off ingame

If that is happening and there is no crash dump produced, all it means is that the crashes are so abrupt that Windows and your pc do not have the necessary time to create them.

I really would update that Intel driver from the other thread, by any means possible.

If you can't do that for any reason like errors when trying, then clean install Windows with a format and then do so.

Still you've never answered....did you double check that your motherboard is correctly reported to us, by checking with CPU-Z?

It doesn't matter which software is running or not, as the crashes don't depend on that.

My previous advice in the last post above is the best I can give, having analyzed many or all of your crashes.

I don't recommend this, but you could even try finding the single iastor.sys 32 bit version file online (a 2010 version) alone without the installer.

Then copy/paste it over the one at C:\Windows\System32\drivers

its still having an error installing the intel driver.
but i did that thing involving moving that file from temp to drivers...
Gigabyte: Model: P55M-UD4
that is what i reported i believe, and ive searched other threads, it mentions audio drivers and stuff, but i only have one...
So... what now? i JUST got all these parts and JUST managed to get most of the stuff i had before onto this computer.. its a pain to remove it all again...

it never happens unless a- im in bed and left comp on (uncommon though for it to crash) or b-when i play Mass Effect 2 or Dawn of WarII, all other games dont cause crashes...

I kind of sense that you keep posting with the hopes for the advice to somehow magically change. Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen.

The iaStor.sys needs to be updated to 2010 version. If you have errors when trying to do that, that is also unfortunate.

You'll have to follow the advice already given on how to update it and if you still aren't able to do so, clean install while formatting. Then immediately install the update from your motherboard's website once you are at desktop.

Nothing else to say and the advice is unchanging.

DAMMIT! error AGAIN! :mad:!!
"installing driver:intel (R) 5 series/2400 series SATA AHCI Controler.. thats when the error occurs... do i delete the previous version? or will that just screw my PC right over?

Extract from my attachment. Then copy the iaStor.sys and paste it over the one at C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Then reboot.

Attachments

• iaStor.rar
    217.5 KB · Views: 234
DAMMIT! error AGAIN! :mad:!!
"installing driver:intel (R) 5 series/2400 series SATA AHCI Controler.. thats when the error occurs... do i delete the previous version? or will that just screw my PC right over?

No it didn't mess you up. Go to device manager and remove this device. Reboot. Install now.

You can also back up all your data of importance, and reinstall the system with the latest drivers.

wait, if i delete it and reboot, doesnt windows make its own "lite" version of the driver? or is that something else..
or do i do what TorrentG said? like paste this file into my system32 drivers? which one, im confuddled!

Back