Keyboard and mouse stop when prompted to choose account name. URGENTLY NEEED HELP!!

Hi there, I have just installed Windows 7 ultimate and everything seems to have gone correctly.
When i am prompted to choose a username to "distinguish" me on the network, the keyboard and mouse both do not work. This problem is very annoying as i have yet found nobody with a similar issue and there is really not alot i can do.

I am using a wired USB connection for both the keyboard and mouse, I have tried the serial I/O bus (i think thats what its called) for my keyboard and another keyboard as well as trying a different mouse. The same problem happens.

Any help is greatly appreciated as i must get my computer up and running as quickly as possible.

Thankyou!!

Hi, thanks for the suggestion
I've tried the ps2 connection for my keyboard using the USB to ps2 adaptor which didn't work. I have also tried using a seperate keyboard with a ps2 connection which also didnt work. I have also tried the mouse with the adaptor. :(

Unfortunately I am completely stuck for ideas and am not sure what will help the problem

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.