Windows 7 Keyboard keys not working

Gikkle

Hi, I've been having problems with my laptop keyboard keys, they don't work, i'm using an extra keyboard rn, but it's not that good, and i've been trying to fix it. I've searched up a bunch of tutorials on how to fix it but none of them worked, i tried restarting my computer, un-installing and re-installing my keyboard drivers, i tried updating my drivers, i even tried system restore, none of it worked, so can you guys help? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited:
I would grab a copy of Ubuntu Get Ubuntu | Download | Ubuntu and create a bootable usb or disc. Boot to that and verify the keyboard works there. If it doesn't then the hardware is bad if it does then we can look at next steps.

I would grab a copy of Ubuntu Get Ubuntu | Download | Ubuntu and create a bootable usb or disc. Boot to that and verify the keyboard works there. If it doesn't then the hardware is bad if it does then we can look at next steps.
If i download it will it completely change my computer type to Ubuntu? Because i really like Windows 7 and Ubuntu not so much.

EDIT: Or do you mean save it on to a disc? Then i might be able to do that.

No, download the Ubuntu ISO file and burn it to a disc or use Rufus to create a bootable USB. Boot to the media and select "Try Ubuntu", test your keyboard.

No, download the Ubuntu ISO file and burn it to a disc or use Rufus to create a bootable USB. Boot to the media and select "Try Ubuntu", test your keyboard.
I don't have a disc big enough for it, i don't have a usb either, what now?

Turn your computer on and press whichever F# key will get you into bios then just use the keyboard.

Back