Windows 7 KEYBOARD NOT ANSWERING!

ekyu18

Hello! I got Windows 7 32-bit on my computer at the moment, but I want Windows 7 64-bit. I've checked the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor and it said I could run Windows 7 64, but I had to do a clean installation. And there's where the problem is. A time ago I changed boot menu to "boot from CD", and that was a pretty long time ago. I inserted the Windows 7 64-bit CD into the ROM and restarted me computer. During boot-up it said "booting from CD, push any button to continue(or something like that, I got my Windows on Swedish, so it might not have been the exact translate)".
But, when I try to push ANY button nothing happens! I can't even get into the BIOS, but since I've been there earlier it should work, it might be a setting.

Anyways, my PC is fully compitable with the Windows 7 64-bit version so there shouldn't be a problem.
And the keyboard is Microsoft Sidewinder x6 (their own product!!!!)It's USB.
My system is fully up-to-date!

I appreciate any help I can get!

Hi

Do the lights on the keyboard flash when the computer tries to boot?
If they don't try and plug the keyboard into a different port.

If they do, then the drivers for it should come off the DVD since it's a new install.
If you can, barrow another key board and see if that helps.

Am I right, that you have no operating system on your computer right now?
So you can't get in to do any diagnostics.

I see other people with this problem buy not many answers.

Try plugging it in after you start the computer and see what happens.

This is tough since you can't do anything without the key board.

That's all I've got.

Anyone Else?

Mike

Try and start the install from within the 42Bit (setup.exe in the root of the DVD) If that fails also, assuming no problem with the keyboard (As yet!) make anothert partition, large enough for the contents of the DVD - say about 6gbs for safety.Make a folder on this partition called, if you like 64_Setup. Dump all the contents of the dvd onto that folder and try again to install from there.

@daveHC that was kinda hard for a newb like me to understand :D You think it can be a setting which can be reversed by doing a clean installation with the Windows 7 32-bit version?

@nmsuk can't get into the BIOS since the keyboard is not answering! :(

No Prob. OK Step by Step. First, with the 32Bit running, insert your Windows 7 (64Bit) in. When it has setlled, look in the Windows Explorer, at the contents of the DVD. Look for and run Setup.exe. This will reboot your computer at an early stage and commence the installation procedure for Windows 7 64Bit. It will, hopefully, at this stage have intercepted and loaded any needed drivers for the keyboard.
Answer to your question, if that is the path you can take. No, a clean installation of the 32 Bit would achieve nothing, but isn't that the problem? - You have no keyboard, so how would you accomplish this without trying out what I suggested?

Hi

Am I wrong that you can't upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit?

I thought that you had to format the hard drive and do a new install!

Mike

Hi

Am I wrong that you can't upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit?

I thought that you had to format the hard drive and do a new install!

Mike

Yeah, I did a clean installation, and it was my mouse that was causing the problem, Mionix NAOS 5000. I unplugged it and the keyboard worked like a charm during bootup!
BUT! I got a new problem! I can't get any internet! :( I got a Marvell Yukon 88E8056! You got any suggestion what to do?

You can get the drivers and diagnostic software here.
That's the first thing I would try.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back