Windows 8 Keyboard problem after upgrading to windows 8

devidaskarad

Hello experts,
I have upgraded windows 7 to windows 8, after upgrading I found two strange problem on my keyboard,
1. when I press shift + 2 it should appear as @ but it is appearing as "

2. My wifi key is at F12, but it is disabled and it is not turning ON

My model is HP Pavilion g6.

These both issues I was not facing with windows 7, please guide me in this

Wifi key disabled after upgrade

Hello experts,
I have upgraded windows 7 to windows 8
After upgrade two keyboard problems are found

1. Wifi key is disabled, it is present at F12, after upgrade i'm not able to turn it ON

2. when i press shift + 2 it should appear as @ but instead it is appearing as "

I need urgent solution as both keys are very important

Im using HP pavilion g6 series notebook

Attachments

• Wifi key.docx
    25.2 KB · Views: 216
Re: Wifi key disabled after upgrade

Hi,

you might need to add drivers. Check for your system drivers here:
HP Pavilion g6-1a00 Notebook PC series -  Download drivers and software - specify product name - HP Business Support Center

If all you can find are Windows 7 drivers then try them as they usually work. Any issues, right click on the driver and choose properties then compatibility.
If after adding drivers you find your keyboard still isn't as it should be then check the input country. If need be change it so it's your country via the Control panel and Clock, Language and Region (look for 'change input methods')

When the Keyboard starts typing weird like that a reboot will correct it. I've had it, exactly what you describe, occasionally and not just in 8, OSs before 8, as well. Types properly after rebooting. Only RARE times I've seen it happen have been whilst typing in Messenger or Skype. All settings right & unchanged but, suddenly you notice keys not giving what they should. Reboot & all's fine (again).

Cheers,
Drew
Win8Logo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi,

did you check the input properties via the control panel? Please read the last part of my initial post and make sure your keyboard is set up for the location your in. For example, I live in the UK but if I use say an American input on my keyboard then the @ and the " symbol are swapped around and not in the places they should be. Therefore I have to ensure I'm using a UK input on my keyboard.
Hope this helps..

Dear Admin,
I have changed my Layout to United States, that problem is solved, but i am still unable to turn my Wifi ON, HP still not released wifi button driver for HP Pavilion g6 1003tx Notebook PC for windows 8, please suggest some help if you have some idea to do.

Unfortunately I do not know of a work around for this particular issue. I guess you could try checking HP forums or community sites to see if others have found a way?

HP is famous for often being very lax about being up to speed w/ drivers. You need to phone HP.

Cheers,
Drew
Win8Logo.jpg

Dear Admin,
I have posted the same issue in HP forum but they were also unable to solve this, i think drivers hould be release from HPfor my model

I totally agree but to be honest it usually depends on the age of the machine as to what support you can expect.

This might be relevant.. If the link does not work, look for the latest bios updates, and make very sure the link, if used, is to the correct bios for your system.

Released: 2012-11-16
Version: F.65
Compatibility: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
Fix/Enhancement: - Updates the BIOS to support the Microsoft Windows 8 wireless button controls.

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) HP Pavilion g6-1003tx Notebook PC | HP® Support

Back
Top Bottom