Windows 10 Keyboard Typing On by itself

DeehjayeBamford

Okay so my keyboard types full sentences while my computer is on, the things it types range from google searches that I may have searched recently or even months ago or wasd as I play games. It's like my computer records what I've typed and then types it at random. I've tried replacing my keyboard and uninstalling my keyboard drivers but it hasn't worked and I can't find anything on this online. Would greatly appreciate any help

It sounds like you might be experiencing a "keyboard ghosting" or "keyboard chatter" issue. This issue can occur due to various reasons, such as hardware problems, electrical interference, or software-related issues. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this problem:

1. Check for Physical Keyboard Issues:
- Ensure there is no physical damage to the keyboard keys and that they are not sticking.
- Clean the keyboard thoroughly to remove any dirt or debris that might be causing keys to trigger inaccurately.

2. Verify Electrical Interference:
- Make sure you are not using any wireless communication devices that could interfere with the keyboard signal.
- Test the keyboard with the computer in a different location to see if the issue persists.

3. Update Keyboard Drivers:
- Go to Device Manager, locate your keyboard, right-click, and select "Update driver" to ensure you have the latest driver installed.

4. Check for Malware:
- Run a full system scan using Windows Defender or a third-party anti-malware program to check for any malicious software causing this issue.

5. Use On-Screen Keyboard:
- Temporarily use the on-screen keyboard to see if the issue persists. If not, it could indicate a hardware problem with your physical keyboard.

6. Test in Safe Mode:
- Restart your computer in Safe Mode and see if the issue occurs. If the problem does not happen in Safe Mode, it may be due to third-party software conflicting with your keyboard inputs.

7. Reset Keyboard Settings:
- Go to Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard and toggle "Filter Keys," "Sticky Keys," and "Toggle Keys." Ensure these settings are turned off.

8. Check for Key Mapping Software:
- Verify that there is no key mapping software or macro software running that could be causing unintended keypresses.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may need to consider seeking professional assistance to diagnose and repair any underlying hardware problems with your keyboard or the system itself.

Back