Windows 7 Know wich version/build W7 DVD is

Godigo

Hi!

I have a W7 Ultimate DVD and I would like to know wich version/build/whatever is. How can I do that?

Thanks.

Rodrigo S.

Hi!

I have a W7 Ultimate DVD and I would like to know wich version/build/whatever is. How can I do that?

Thanks.

Rodrigo S.

Hi,
if you type 'winver' in the run box (without the quotes) and then click ok you'll see a box appear contain the necessary details..

NO. That won't do it. That will show which version you have installed, if any.
If you put the DVD in the player, the title should pop up on the letter designator.

Last edited:
If you have a DVD of the RTM then it will be version 6.1 (Build 7600) otherwise you'll have to install it to find out. It should be written on the front of the disk?

If you have a DVD of the RTM then it will be version 6.1 (Build 7600) otherwise you'll have to install it to find out. It should be written on the front of the disk?

I don't know wich type of distribution is and it's not written on the front. Thanks. I'll use an installed version to know the pretended information.

Regards,

Rodrigo S.

NO. That won't do it. That will show which bersion you have installed, if any.
If you put the DVD in the player, the title should pop up on the letter designator.

In a bit of a rush there RAK...?

I initially though he was asking what version he'd got installed... The title in the drive doesn't always show the version either...

It sure will for any retail purchase (which is on the cover anyway) or Microsoft legal downloads!

It sure will for any retail purchase (which is on the cover anyway) or Microsoft legal downloads!

This is a screenie of my (very legal) copy of 64bit home in the drive...

Edit: I've just been looking over the carboard cover...Nada, nothing... I find that a bit strange really. I even checked the disk cover and nope not there too...

Last edited:
Well, it looks like I stand corrected. But of course, you do have a label. For example.
GRMCHPXFRER_EN_DVD This is the DVD's name of the 64-bit W7 upgrade disk (Is that what you have?)
GRMCHPFRER_EN_DVD . This is the name of the win7_homepremium_english_x86_retail

But if the Op wants some further information on his DVD, he will find a little in the Sources\ cversion.ini

This is mine. (Fukl - Ultimate)

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Back