Windows 7 Lag on some games, not online

belveder

Extraordinary Member
I have tried a few versions of Windows 7 from 7100 to the current one and I love it as an OS but I am having lag problems with gaming, single player only. It's not on all games but ones that I play a lot of - Civilization 3, EA Sports Cricket 2007 and one or two others, they all are a couple years old lol and run perfect except for the lag.

I am using all the latest drivers, obviously the viseo card drivers have had a couple revisions and each has been the same. I have tried compatibility mode & running as administrator etc

Have tried it with no antivus installed and with, no difference either way

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi belveder,
your problem may be down to the settings on your graphics set up.. Which card are you using with which driver?
Also make sure that All your drivers are up to date. That includes sound, graphics and motherboard/chipset.

Thanks for the info...

If you don't mind a bit of reading then this guide can be of a great help: TweakGuides.com - Nvidia Forceware Tweak Guide
I think it's up to the latest driver set and it also gives links to certain other guides which again are very helpful..

Failing the above... You could always check to see if the game/s your having problems with has a forum. Thats what I do and it usually works out right...

Civilization IV lags on my Win7 Pro 64x version every time I start it. I found out that for some reason it starts itself with a below normal priority. I just go into the task manager and change the priority to normal or sometimes above normal. I can't detect any difference.

Im having the same problem. I get lag in the games i have so far installed - Batman arkham and prototype.

I have a geforce 275 gts and all my driver are also up to date.

I tweaked the settings in prototype and thats much better now, can find any video settings in Batman tho.

Downloaded the left 4 dead 2 demo and that runs perfectly. Weird

I had lagging issues on Borderlands on LAN of all things...till i checked my BIOS and realised that having the PCI latency rate set to fastest (32) caused my SBlaster card lag audio and jitter the gameplay, now its on 96 I think, and games are once again silky smooth.

FYI I wiped BIOS settings a month ago by stupid mistake and thought that was the correct setting, typically everything else was as I remembered.

realised that having the PCI latency rate set to fastest (32) caused my SBlaster card lag audio and jitter the gameplay, now its on 96 I think, and games are once again silky smooth.

If the lag I get in COD-WaW and -MW2 happens only 1 day out of 5-6, then it's unlikely that it's audio lag?

Do you have defragging set on automatic, or does your virus scanner automaticly scan for virusses ones a week? could be because of that..

i also have some strange mouse lag with prototype, sometimes I have to shake with my mouse quite hard to get it turning propely in game again, someone knows how that's possible?

Back