Windows 7 Laptop Freeze recovering from sleep in high performance battery setting

Edmondsj

Hello,

I have an HP Pavilion dv7-1273cl Entertainment Notebook PC with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 7100 build and recently I've been noticing that there's an issue closing the computer lid to put the computer to sleep in the high performance setting. I've checked my power options and advanced power options and so far all of the settings appear to be correct to put the computer to sleep when the lid is closed. In the power saver and balanced settings, my laptop will go to sleep just fine after I close the lid, but when I switch to high performance and close the lid, the backlight will stay on and my laptop continues to run. However, once I open the lid again, there's just a black screen and I have to power off the computer and restart it to bring back the display. I'm not quite sure if there's some setting in high performance that conflicts with the lid sleep mode that is different than the other two power settings. Hopefully someone on here has had this problem also and knows what to do. Thank you in advance!

I also had Windows Vista previously before switching to Windows 7 and I don't believe I've ever encountered this problem. Of course, I own the beta edition of win 7 so that could be the cause, hopefully once win 7 is released, this may be fixed.

Thanks again!

UPDATE:

Okay so I ran some more tests to see what happens when I close the lid to put the computer to sleep on different power settings:

Battery power alone:
Power Saver: Successful sleep
Balanced: Successful sleep
High Performance: Computer freezes

Plugged-in and charging:
Power Saver: Computer freezes
Balanced: Computer freezes
High Performance: Computer freezes

I have absolutely no clue what could possibly be causing this; no real obvious signs are leaping out at me, so far I'm guessing the OS since my laptop's only 8 months old and I have had no hardware errors or major problems related to sleep mode from the day I bought it to today.

Back
Top Bottom