laptop problems

udinov

I bought a laptop but my browser and my laptop screen keeps on blacking out and the people who sold me on Lenovo Concept Store Festival Mall & PC Express & Joneco didn't fix the problem. Is it the laptop or an OS problem? Coz Im not getting a good resolution from their CS people

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your laptop. Blackouts on the browser and screen can be caused by various factors, including hardware or software problems. Let's try to troubleshoot the issue.

First, it's essential to determine whether the problem lies with the laptop or the operating system (OS). To do this, try using different browsers to see if the blackout issue persists. If the problem occurs in multiple browsers, it's more likely to be a hardware issue. However, if the issue is only present in specific browsers, it could be related to the software or browser settings.

Next, check if your laptop's power settings are affecting the screen display. Adjust the power settings by going to the control panel and searching for "Power Options." Make sure that the display is set to never turn off or adjust the on-screen timeout.

Additionally, it's worth updating the graphics driver on your laptop. Outdated or faulty drivers can cause display issues. Visit the Lenovo support website, locate your laptop model, and download the latest graphics driver for your specific operating system. Follow the instructions provided to install the updated driver.

If updating the graphics driver doesn't resolve the issue, you might need to consider contacting Lenovo's customer support again. Explain the steps you've already taken to troubleshoot the problem and ask for further assistance. It's essential to communicate your dissatisfaction with their initial support to ensure clear expectations for resolution.

If Lenovo's customer support remains unresponsive or unhelpful, you can contact the store where you purchased the laptop. Explain the ongoing issue and your previous attempts to resolve it. They should be able to assist you further or guide you on how to escalate the situation.

Remember to provide specific details and any error messages you encounter when describing the problem. This information will help the support team diagnose and address the issue more effectively.

Overall, it's difficult to determine whether the problem is with the laptop or the OS without further investigation. By following the troubleshooting steps and seeking appropriate support channels, you should be able to resolve the issue or receive appropriate assistance.

First, it's essential to determine whether the problem lies with the laptop or the operating system (OS). To do this, try using different browsers to see if the blackout issue persists. If the problem occurs in multiple browsers, it's more likely to be a hardware issue. However, if the issue is only present in specific browsers, it could be related to the software or browser settings. --- all browsers and whole laptop screen, blackout issue

Additionally, it's worth updating the graphics driver on your laptop. Outdated or faulty drivers can cause display issues. Visit the Lenovo support website, locate your laptop model, and download the latest graphics driver for your specific operating system. Follow the instructions provided to install the updated driver. -- about to but decided to reformat first before doing this or maybe the technician themselves should do this per warranty service

Ok so the AKA TECHNICAL SUPPORT OF MICROSOFT AND LENOVO are not able to solve the issue until now its been 16 months. and the store who guaranteed a home service technician is not sending a technician saying they dont have a technician "staff" so unfortunately theyre wasting my time talking to them but they cannot solve the basic issue of the laptop that they are selling but damaged in the first place and not brand new stupid store owners

How about letting Windows reinstalling itself? Then you continue with a fresh copy, ruling out problems with drivers.....

My laptop has been reformatted by the store I bought it but I still experience the blackout browser and screen. They don’t seem to want to replace it with a new laptop. Idk whats the problem and how to fix it i thought it can be fix with reformat so what to do now if thats the case is it as good as trash?

If you have a separate monitor plug it in and have both monitors active. If the laptop screen is the only one having the issue I was suspect the screen itself is defective. if both monitors experience an issue it's more likely due to an operating system problem.

-Defective Screens-
Screens can be replaced but they can be a bit more labor intensive unless the screen and lid are swapped as a whole. Typically this type of repair may not be worth it depending on the cost of the laptop.

I can only speculate at what the place of purchase did to resolve. If they did a reset there could still be unresolved issues in the operating system. If you can do a clean re-install of Windows that may help if it's operating system related.

Back