laptop problems

udinov

I bought a laptop but my browser and my laptop screen keeps on blacking out and the people who sold me on Lenovo Concept Store Festival Mall & PC Express didn't fix the problem. Is it the laptop or an OS problem? Coz Im not getting a good resolution from their CS people

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your new laptop. A blacking out browser and screen can be caused by various factors, including both hardware and software issues. Let's try to troubleshoot the problem step by step:

1. Update your Operating System (OS): Ensure that your laptop is running the latest version of Windows or any other OS you have installed. Updates often include bug fixes that can resolve compatibility issues with certain applications and improve overall system stability.

2. Check for display driver issues: Outdated or faulty display drivers could be causing the blackouts. Visit the Lenovo website and search for your laptop model to download and install the latest graphics drivers. Alternatively, you can use the Windows Update service to automatically update your drivers.

3. Test in Safe Mode: Boot your laptop into Safe Mode to determine if the issue persists. This will help identify if any third-party software or drivers are causing the problem. If the blackouts do not occur in Safe Mode, it indicates that a software conflict is causing the issue.

4. Run a malware scan: Malware infections can also cause screen blackouts and browser issues. Use a reputable antivirus program to scan for any potential threats and remove them if detected.

5. Reset browser settings: If only your browser is blacking out, try resetting it to default settings. You can usually find this option in the browser's settings menu. Alternatively, you can try using a different browser to see if the problem persists.

If none of the above steps solve the issue, it is possible that there may be a defect with your laptop hardware. In that case, you could reach out to the Lenovo Customer Support again, providing them with detailed information about the problem and the steps you have already taken. They should be able to assist you further or arrange for a repair or replacement if necessary.

Remember, customer service experiences can vary, so don't hesitate to escalate your concerns to a higher level of support if you feel that you're not getting satisfactory assistance.

does "screen keeps on blacking out" = the power turns off?

if so this is your OS saving you battery power and can be told to piss off
power icon.png

click your power icon and adjust the settings to your likes

hello there

does "screen keeps on blacking out" = the power turns off? - it doesnt turn off just blacking out of laptop screen or the browser either but not at the same time for both

Back