Windows 7 Large folder deleted, space not free

Andromanche

Sooo I've never seen this problem and I don't really know where to start with it.

I have two hard drives, Windows on the C and media on S, I decided to clear some space on S, as it was 4/5 full, and deleted a folder that was about 80 gigabytes.

The weird thing is it went to the recycle bin right away and emptied right away despite being so large, and when I look at the hard drive information, it says that no space has been cleared, but the files and folder aren't locatable at all.

Ran chkdsk and disk cleanup, but didn't shed any clues at all. Hope I'm not going to have to format it, it's roughly 400 GB of data that's going to take 4 hours or more to move over to an external (C Drive's only 120 GB). Thoughts? Why would this happen? Solutions?

Sooo I've never seen this problem and I don't really know where to start with it.

I have two hard drives, Windows on the C and media on S, I decided to clear some space on S, as it was 4/5 full, and deleted a folder that was about 80 gigabytes.

The weird thing is it went to the recycle bin right away and emptied right away despite being so large, and when I look at the hard drive information, it says that no space has been cleared, but the files and folder aren't locatable at all.

Ran chkdsk and disk cleanup, but didn't shed any clues at all. Hope I'm not going to have to format it, it's roughly 400 GB of data that's going to take 4 hours or more to move over to an external (C Drive's only 120 GB). Thoughts? Why would this happen? Solutions?

Perhaps it went to the recycle folder on THAT drive (S). I don't think windows moves files that are deleted to your OS drive... you would be twiddling your thumbs waiting on it to delete for half an hour.

Doesn't seem to be the case, there isn't one available on that S drive, and I just deleted a 30 gb folder and the space cleared, and this time it prompted to permanently delete the folder, which it didn't do with the 80 gb.

Doesn't seem to be the case, there isn't one available on that S drive, and I just deleted a 30 gb folder and the space cleared, and this time it prompted to permanently delete the folder, which it didn't do with the 80 gb.

It went somewhere if you deleted it and the space is still occupied.

Back