Windows 10 Large folders: files keep jumping back to first column

Rich73Kelly

First things first, I guess ... Dell Optiplex 3010 with 8gb of RAM. Intel i5 Processor. came stock with Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Win 10 Pro. any other details needed, I will be happy to provide.

I will do my best to have this make sense to all ... I have a few different folders of music files with like around 20.000 files in each at this time. I often do back ups to an external drive so, I find myself comparing two folders against each other to avoid duplicates with a somewhat different title. Say, like Title - Artist vs. Artist - Title.
Here is my issue, these folders are listed alphabetically, as they should be. I can be like, in the M's comparing the two folders and out of nowhere, both folders, will jump back to the beginning or, back to the numbered files or A's that are listed first. This gets frustrating as I usually lose where I was at and have to hope I can find my spot to move on.
Any suggestions or a solution would be greatly appreciated.

if you have the " automatically pick an accent color from my background" in Personalization/Color check, uncheck it.

if you have the " automatically pick an accent color from my background" in Personalization/Color check, uncheck it.
I thought it might have had something to do with the personalization feature because I do use Microsoft Themes for my background desktop pictures.. I extended the time for these to change and it did no good. I will try un-ticking the accent color feature next time I am working on those folders. I know I have it checked. Thank you for the suggestion.

Back