Lenovo has announced a new generation of Windows 10 laptops that help students and educators transition between classroom and remote learning, supported by a wide range of software and services. [caption id="attachment_175489" align="aligncenter" width="1024"]Lenovo 14w[/caption] Powered by AMD processors, the Gen 2 14-inch Windows-based Lenovo 14w comes in storm black. It's packed with the latest AMD 3015e processors and offers access to Microsoft Learning Tools — designed for students of all ages and abilities — through Windows for Education. [caption id="attachment_175490" align="aligncenter" width="1024"]Lenovo 300w[/caption] The 3rd generation Lenovo 100w clamshell laptop and the 300w and 500w convertible models show off blue finishes, with the 500w powered by Intel Pentium N6000 processors. These new laptops have been built to withstand the rigours of remote learning. Devices need to be more mobile than ever and are at greater risk of drops, spills and knocks. All models meet the independent MIL-SPEC 801H standard, boosted by Lenovo’s own stringent education specifications that call for reinforced ports and hinges, with rubber bumpers to protect from accidental drops. Spill resistance has been improved by nearly 10%, while Corning Gorilla Glass promises better screen protection. The new designs also include features to enable more productive and inclusive learning:
- USB Type-C port provides flexible docking for easy connection of external devices and supports quick charging by providing up to 80% battery in an hour
- New HDMI port enables connection of a second display to extend the learning workspace
- Optional Intel Wi-Fi 6 helps network performance and stability. 4G-LTE is optional on select models for multi-location learning capabilities
- A physical webcam shutter enhances privacy
- Lenovo Hybrid Classroom solutions bring smarter collaboration to the classroom, helping teachers create more immersive and flexible learning environments that can support students in multiple locations.
- The easy to setup, deploy and manage offerings include options to integrate Microsoft Teams.
- Zero touch deployment enables system provisioning seamlessly and securely, while also providing levels of customization.