Windows 7 LG 42LH3000 Windows 7 driver

thewoodies

Hi

I have just purchased an LG 42LH3000 TV to replace my older Philips 32". I have a HTPC running Windows 7 Prof 32bit. The Philips 32" lcd was plugged in HDMI to HDMI and recognised fine in device manager with my setup. I was using Roxio CineplayerBD to play my DVDs and Blu-rays without a hickup.

When I swapped over to the LG TV, DVDs stopped working. Not tested Blu-ray yet as I didn't have one to hand (I use lovefilm). I get an error message in Cineplayer just saying there was an unknown error and to update my hardware. Windows Media Player gives this error: 'Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with the digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card'. I updated to the latest nvidia driver and still get the same problem.

In Device Manager, the LG is seen as 'Generic PnP Monitor' which is where I think the problem might lay. However, in the nVidea control panel, it sees it as an 'LG TV' and it also reports there that the system is HDCP compliant.

So I am at a loss at the moment as to what to do. DVDs play fine in VLC player but I know this uses its own codec. Anyway I want to use Cineplayer and keep it simple for the family. I have emailed LG support to see if there is a driver but I am not expecting anything useful back. There is nothing when I search for 'LG TV driver' in google.

If anyone has any ideas I would be very thankful.

Back