Windows 7 Limited access no connection

Amra

So If anyone is willing to help me. I have tried everything I found on internet but nothing works.I have moved to another country to work and my laptop won't connect to internet. I live in a house that has 3 floors, rooter is on the highest floor and connection is great there. My phone works normally. I have called a friend and I have brought my laptop to the lowest floor and he just clicked troubleshoot and problem was fixed. It worked for two days then it stopped again. So I took my laptop downstairs again and It was working but the connection was so bad there so I don't understand if my phone can't even connect how can my laptop only work there. The owner of the house has her laptop connected via lan cable and hers is also on the 1st floor that has bad connection and my laptop works only when its close to hers. I don't know what is going on here but I need my laptop. I cant connect it to lan either because it doesn't recognize the cable. Nothing seem to work for me can you help me please. My laptop is dell latitude D810. It worked just fine back at my house I just think that I'll never fix this.

Wireless connections are always greatly affected by distance and obstacles. Your situation includes both distance, and floors and ceilings between your laptop and the router. If the router can be moved to a central location on the 2nd floor, it might work better for everyone. If the router cannot be moved, you might have to use a wifi extender. Your other option might be to use an external wifi antenna with your laptop placed as high up in your room as possible.

Ok , but It doesn't work when the connection is great.Only when it's near this other laptop and that laptop is not connected to WiFi but through cable, and there is almost no connection at all so my laptop shouldn't be working at all

Then it would seem that other laptop is emitting some interference. Not much you can do about that but put some distance between you and that laptop.

Does it do this when that laptop is running on battery, charger, or both?

I think it's emitting something but its not interference because my laptop only works there I can't figure out what is wrong and seems like no one can. If something was wrong with connection that it wouldn't say limited access undefined network. Battery or charger doesn't matter it always works when I bring it near that other laptop.

If something was wrong with connection that it wouldn't say limited access undefined network.
It could. You often see that error if there is a signal, but it is too weak for full speed. I really don't know what to suggest. It is an odd problem, for sure.

And you say it only works when you bring it near the other laptop, are you sure it is bringing it near the laptop that it works, or near where the laptop is currently sitting? That is, move the laptop across the room and see if it only works near it then.

Troubleshoot says that IP doesn't have a valid configuration or that default gateway is not available in every other room . And I have tried moving laptop in only works when I bring it close to other computer. Since this is not my house I can't really contact isp. Bu it did work for two days in rest of the house so it is possible to fix it i just don't know how.

If you're using dhcp it might be worth trying a manual IP setup. Check the IP address of the router and set gateway to that address together with a valid IP address (something in the middle of range to avoid using something already in use) and subnet mask for your device

Back
Top Bottom