Windows 10 LITERALLY every page on Edge crashing

srluisguilherme

Idk what it is, but I can't open any page through MS Edge but Twitter and Bing. Everything else stops responding after everything is loaded. As I searched on the web, it seems like I'm the only one having this issue and I can't reinstall Edge.

Does anyone know what to do?

No I am having huge issues with Edge also. I have a self built desktop (AMD 8350 CPU, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Motherboard, 16 Gig PC1600 Ram, 500 Gig SSD, AMD 7970 Video Card) This computer has been up and running for two years Win 8.1. I had the latest drivers for 8.1, and all the Microsoft updates installed. I updated the drivers once more from AMD's site after the Win 10 install, all seemed well. But when I colic on a forum link from my e-mail the big new internet screen of death pops up (Okay most would say it was the new Edge splash page, but the effect is the same, the screen goes away to hide and never be seen until you call it back and then it promptly disappears again. If I start at the search bar I can input my search like "VA Hospital location, Las Vegas" at that point you are a mere click away, any click away, from the disappearing browser syndrome.

Now I also have a MSI Laptop, a GX-70, now I can click on the same e-=mail link that I did on the desktop and Edge will come up, take its sweet ever loving time finding the page and then be fine. I cannot however us the search bar on the home page, can't type in it.

Then I have my tablet, a Microsoft Surface 2 Pro with max memory for model. It tells me, when I click on that same e-mail link, that there is a problem linking to the site, like it was me that passed gas or something (I swear the computer did it!) anyway it won't work any better than my desktop. same search problem as desktop. Edge won't stay on when selected.

I have IE in those computers as every now and then when I click a link IE pops ups and works great. Chrome and Firefox work great.

So Edge did work for a bit but it has always been a loser in the speed category. Looks like Microsoft did the unmentionable to the Pooch again.

Okay, I'm on the road and could not get a internet connection at the motel. When I clicked the internet connection icon on the lower right taskbar, select the appropriate connection for the motel's internet, it would open Edge which would promptly die. So you could get no connection. I went to the Start button and then 'Settings' then 'System' and near the bottom of the left menu column, "Default Apps" I then clicked on Edge and a list of optional programs will appear, select the browser you know and love, IE for me and then go back to the Internet Connection on the lower right again, now when you click connect your best friend browser will snap to.

I do not know what is wrong with Edge

Okay, I'm on the road and could not get a internet connection at the motel. When I clicked the internet connection icon on the lower right taskbar, select the appropriate connection for the motel's internet, it would open Edge which would promptly die. So you could get no connection. I went to the Start button and then 'Settings' then 'System' and near the bottom of the left menu column, "Default Apps" I then clicked on Edge and a list of optional programs will appear, select the browser you know and love, IE for me and then go back to the Internet Connection on the lower right again, now when you click connect your best friend browser will snap to.

I do not know what is wrong with Edge
Heya If you want a better browser
Open your Start Menu then in the Search type in Google Chrome
Download that & Install it
Use Google browser after you Install it
it waaaaaaay better then Edge is gonna be lol
Drone1x :)

Well Edge is working now sort of, I am still getting a lot of "browser unresponsive" and that is on desktop, laptop, and tablet. Chrome and Firefox work

Back