Windows Vista Live Messenger/MSN in Vista

Hi there good ones.

As i allready know that you all have given me great help in the past posts and questions. I have a real big problem, well for me anyway. I have installed Windows Vista Ultimate OEM on my HP Pavillion M7350 Home pc. It all went fine, put office 2007 onto it and fine. I then downloaded windows live messenger. Diddn't work due to firewall problems. changed firewall settings and still same. Installed norton internet security 2007. Even with its program control turned off, it signs into live messenger fine. WHY WONT IT WORK WITH WINDOWS FIREWALL???£"$"£%"$^ Anybody else having same problem. Note that i dont want norton on and just want windows firewall to work. LoL. error code ends in '3O6' Thankyou loads.....:(

Hi there good ones.

As i allready know that you all have given me great help in the past posts and questions. I have a real big problem, well for me anyway. I have installed Windows Vista Ultimate OEM on my HP Pavillion M7350 Home pc. It all went fine, put office 2007 onto it and fine. I then downloaded windows live messenger. Diddn't work due to firewall problems. changed firewall settings and still same. Installed norton internet security 2007. Even with its program control turned off, it signs into live messenger fine. WHY WONT IT WORK WITH WINDOWS FIREWALL???£"$"£%"$^ Anybody else having same problem. Note that i dont want norton on and just want windows firewall to work. LoL. error code ends in '3O6' Thankyou loads.....:(

i have the exact same problem

Yep, I'm having the same problem and its driving me mad!! It seems there have been many occurances of this problem and on whichever forum I look on, I am yet to find a solution. Someone I know suggested I turn off Norton and sign into MSN but not go on no other websites so my computer is not exposed, but I think it's too risky. Have you found a solution yet?

As far as I'm aware Norton as always had a bit of a problem with messenger. It just hates it lol.. I think the only way your going to get round this is either turn it off or find another security program. I did use Norton but stopped as I find it far too intrusive and causes more problems than it solves. Now I just rely on the firewall that comes with Vista but make sure it's always updated ect.

hello,
I am new to this forum so hello to all. I have recently purchased an hp laptop with vista home premium. I also have an issue with windows live messenger, but I think I have figured it out. I installed Pinnacle Studio 9 and now my webcam will not work with messenger live. I also found out my studio version is not supported in vista, however I have not run into any problems yet. My question is two-fold. Does anyone have an answer for this or better yet, My system supports a duel boot and I am tempted to load windows xp as well and just use pinnacle on that operating system. I read though that you must install the earlier version first?, but how if the laptop came with vista preloaded. Sorry this is jumbled but I need help.
Thanks

Back