trog69

Extraordinary Member
Good morning. Somehow my internet came back on, so I'm typing quickly. I don't have any idea how to find or post the configuration data I presume would be needed to assess my problem. I have an internet modem with ethernet connected to my computer, and it's the only connection in the house. Is this a possible symptom of the Mobo cracking up?

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: I should mention that this is an on-going, if irregular occurrence. What usually happens is I get disconnected, then various "problems" are found and solved, or not. Re-doing the repair program will sometimes bring up different problems, or say there are no problems while I continue having no internet, or somehow fixes it. Very strange.

Last edited:
Solution
It sounds like you're facing connectivity issues with your internet modem, which is causing intermittent disconnections. The symptoms you described could be related to various factors, including hardware, software, or network configuration issues. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:
1. Check Physical Connections:
- Ensure that the ethernet cable connecting your modem to your computer is securely plugged in at both ends.
- Try using a different ethernet cable or port on your modem to rule out a faulty cable or port.
2. Restart Modem and Computer:
- Power cycle your modem by unplugging it from the power source, waiting for about 30 seconds, and then plugging it back in. Allow the modem to...
It sounds like you're facing connectivity issues with your internet modem, which is causing intermittent disconnections. The symptoms you described could be related to various factors, including hardware, software, or network configuration issues. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:
1. Check Physical Connections:
- Ensure that the ethernet cable connecting your modem to your computer is securely plugged in at both ends.
- Try using a different ethernet cable or port on your modem to rule out a faulty cable or port.
2. Restart Modem and Computer:
- Power cycle your modem by unplugging it from the power source, waiting for about 30 seconds, and then plugging it back in. Allow the modem to fully restart.
- Restart your computer to ensure a fresh connection to the modem.
3. Network Configuration:
- Check your network settings on your computer to ensure they are configured correctly. You can check your IP address, gateway, and DNS settings.
- Try resetting your network settings to default and setting them up again.
4. Update Network Drivers:
- Ensure that your network adapter drivers are up to date. You can do this by going to Device Manager, finding your network adapter, and checking for driver updates.
5. Run Network Troubleshooter:
- Use the built-in network troubleshooter in Windows to diagnose and potentially fix common network connection issues.
6. Consider System Issues:
- Intermittent connectivity problems can sometimes be related to software conflicts or issues with the operating system.
- Check for any recent updates or changes that might have coincided with the connectivity problems.
7. Physical Hardware Check:
- While it's less common, hardware issues with the motherboard (Mobo) can cause connectivity problems. You can run diagnostics to check for any hardware issues.
8. Seek Technical Help:
- If the issue persists after trying these steps, consider reaching out to your internet service provider for assistance. They might be able to diagnose any line issues or provide specific troubleshooting steps.
By following these steps, you might be able to identify the root cause of your connectivity issues. If you encounter any specific error messages or behaviors during the troubleshooting process, feel free to provide more details for further assistance.

Solution
Back