Windows 7 Local Host runs so slow on Windows 7

chobo2

Hi

I switched from Xp to Windows 7 Pro. Since then I noticed when I run my website(asp.net mvc) in local host it goes so so slow(I mean like 10 to 20seconds per page).

This should not be. I then tested it with sloppy to mimic a user of 256kb and it loads up alot faster(maybe 2-3seconds at most).

I then changed my localHost to 127.0.0.1 and it goes super faster. It just when I use localHost it goes this slow.

Anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

It just when I use localHost it goes this slow.

Anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

I would not know. How do I tell?

When you use the localhost.
Disable DNS Client under Services.
"windows key"
Code:
Host key + R
them 2 pressed brings up run.
type in
Code:
services.msc
Locate
DNS Client
Right click on it, Properties, disable, then stop the services, click apply and then OK.

Try that see if it helps?

When you use the localhost.
Disable DNS Client under Services.
"windows key"
Code:
Host key + R
them 2 pressed brings up run.
type in
Code:
services.msc
Locate
DNS Client
Right click on it, Properties, disable, then stop the services, click apply and then OK.

Try that see if it helps?

No it seems abit faster but only by a few seconds. So I will leave it off for now. Any disadvantage of leaving this off?

There might be like as in if you play world of warcrcraft, some times you need to enable it to use the
Code:
ipconfig /flushdns
cmd to sometimes connect to world of warcraft then disable the service again. Having DNS Client disabled when you have a lot of "active" lines in the hosts file may speed things up.

Try disabling ipsec policy agent & iphelper services,unless you use em. those are for ipv6.

There might be like as in if you play world of warcrcraft, some times you need to enable it to use the
Code:
ipconfig /flushdns
cmd to sometimes connect to world of warcraft then disable the service again. Having DNS Client disabled when you have a lot of "active" lines in the hosts file may speed things up.

Try disabling ipsec policy agent & iphelper services,unless you use em. those are for ipv6.

Well I don't play WOW or any games at the moment so I guess I don't have to worry. I don't know what ipsec and iphelper are so I don't think I use them.

It's too bad these did not do anything though. Still as slow as ever.

Back