Windows Vista Login screen: Getting rid of having to hit "Switch User" to login as another

chatguy

After ScreenSaver, How do I bypass "Switch User" screen to login as another in Vista?

Hi All,

Whenever someone in my family walks away from using the computer with Windows Vista, after the Screen Saver, I'm always taken to a screen that allows only the last user to log back in, but when someone else wants to log in, they need to hit the "Switch User" button to choose a different name.

My question is... Can I have the computer just go back to showing all the users' names (so I don't have to click the "Switch User" button to login as me). I would like this to work, just as XP did... so if the last person who used the computer has to log back in, s/he would just have to click their name again...just like XP did.

Thanks so much!
CG

HI!!!! I'm in no way an expert on this, so don't get mad if it does not work out right away. I personally don't share my computer. Fast User Switching (Administrator account required). Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to open the Task Manager dialog box. It says Windows Task Manager--File, Options,View,Windows,Help. Then there's Applications, Processes,Services,Performance,Networking,Users.ETC. The User's tab reveals the list of logged-on accounts. Right-click the account you want, choose Connect from the shortcut menu, and boom-you're switched. Tell me what you get. Sincerely, Celestra

Back