Windows 7 "Logon Process Initialisation Failure"

spqr2007

I am suffering from the dreaded "Logon Process Initialisation Failure" error.
I have downloaded the Microsoft "hotfix" onto a flashdrive from another computer.
However as this error does not allow me to get into my desktop on the errant computer how
the heck am I supposed to install the hotfix?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi,
can you boot into safe mode? I'm totally sure you'll be able to run the hotfix but it's perhaps worth a try?

Hi,
can you boot into safe mode? I'm totally sure you'll be able to run the hotfix but it's perhaps worth a try?
No I cant kemical,ive tried windows repair and even reinstalling windows to no avail surely someone there has an answer to this problem as quite a few people seem to suffer from it?
Many thanks anyway.

When you say 're-installing windows' do you mean an actual clean install or did you just pop the disk in the drive and click install (termed an upgrade installation)?

When you say 're-installing windows' do you mean an actual clean install or did you just pop the disk in the drive and click install (termed an upgrade installation)?
It was what you call an upgrade installation. I`m really annoyed that this has happened as I had a lot of useful items on the hard drive and I would dearly like to save them.

Personally I'd have just clean installed but as you have stuff you want saving I guess thats not an option. Hopefully someone will see this thread and know the appropriate action to take.

Back
Top Bottom