Windows 7 Looking for 64bit dvd decrypter

layitlo

I've been looking for a dvd decrpter that will work with windows 7 64 bit os. I'm not looking for it but for one reason to make backup copies of a dvd's I have that don't play very good and I was hoping to make a new copy so I can burn a slower copy of it to see if it will fix the errors. I work on computers for alot of people and I've been asked about it a few times so I'm asking now. I've looked around on here and a few other places but still no luck. I'm looking for a free one or a very affordable one. I've tried dvd43 but it didn't work out. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Copyright laws make it difficult to find

Unfortunately, most DVDs that need to be decrypted are protected by copyright laws by the major movie studios. Hence the reason they are encrypted to begin with. This has resulted in a lot of shady software being sold, which claims to circumvent the encryption methods. While proponents of DVD copying feel that an owned DVD can be legally copied under the "Fair Use" doctrine, the large movie and music studios do not necessarily agree. This has left it very difficult to find the type of software you are looking for.

In my use of the Internet, I have found mostly, that if I really like a movie, game or music that I so happen to stumble on in good quality, I will tend to buy the authentic version. There are many people who feel the same way. For example, I find that if I am able to download MP3s of a great album online, and like it, I will usually buy it. Or if I see a YouTube video of a movie that looks great - I may buy it. So I sympathize with your problem of just wanting to try to fix some old movies.

I think most people have become so frustrated with the cost of movies in general that they have moved to services like Netflix if they are looking for quality.

Unfortunately, I cannot help you find a solution to your problem and there is definately a gap in this area over the fair use argument.

Unfortunately, most DVDs that need to be decrypted are protected by copyright laws by the major movie studios. Hence the reason they are encrypted to begin with. This has resulted in a lot of shady software being sold, which claims to circumvent the encryption methods. While proponents of DVD copying feel that an owned DVD can be legally copied under the "Fair Use" doctrine, the large movie and music studios do not necessarily agree. This has left it very difficult to find the type of software you are looking for.

In my use of the Internet, I have found mostly, that if I really like a movie, game or music that I so happen to stumble on in good quality, I will tend to buy the authentic version. There are many people who feel the same way. For example, I find that if I am able to download MP3s of a great album online, and like it, I will usually buy it. Or if I see a YouTube video of a movie that looks great - I may buy it. So I sympathize with your problem of just wanting to try to fix some old movies.

I think most people have become so frustrated with the cost of movies in general that they have moved to services like Netflix if they are looking for quality.

Unfortunately, I cannot help you find a solution to your problem and there is definately a gap in this area over the fair use argument.

Thanks for the information. But if there was alot of them for xp did they not make any for windos 7 64bit?

Link Removed - Invalid URLLink Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited:
Try DVD Decrypter 3.5. I like that you can select the whole disk - or only the sections you're interested in - and extract the things directly into a selected folder on your hard drive.

DVDFab is good software, I've had it do things that other programs can't for DVD ripping but it does not seem to support HD, only BluRay? Has anyone found or knows of good/working HD software for ripping (not playing, thanks, I got that)?

DVDFab HD Decrypter

DVDFab HD Decrypter is a simple version of DVDFab "DVD to DVD" and DVDFab "Blu-ray to Blu-ray".

DVDFab is good software, I've had it do things that other programs can't for DVD ripping but it does not seem to support HD, only BluRay? Has anyone found or knows of good/working HD software for ripping (not playing, thanks, I got that)?

I haven't used that one yet. I don't have a blueray player. Oh and I don't have a 64bit os. So I haven't been able to try anything yet.

Back
Top Bottom