Windows 7 Looking for an MP3 tag editor

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
I'm looking for a recommendation for a good simple MP3 tag editor, free would also be nice but if it's worth the purchase price, then I would buy it without hesitation.
In the past I've used a product called TigoTago, which worked great on XP, but seems to be a bit buggy on Win7 64bit Ultimate. I liked it because it supported large batch changes of Names from Tags as well as Tags based on names and or text, very handy. I would appreciate any recommendations based on your experience with other products

Last edited:
Hey Trouble, have you tried this one? PicardTagger - MusicBrainz

I used to use this until I switched completely to WMP for music. It picks up CDs and MP3s pretty well with its album search, but I always turn off the automatic library updating, since it very often can place the wrong tags on songs (WMP that is - not MusicBrainz).

DBpoweramp is a good editor and a great ripper and encoder, I don't use anything else for my audio needs. Also some great plugins.

Hello Randy,

There are quiet a few but i don't think it worth buying when you get lot of free ones out there.

Mp3tag v2.46a : Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)

TagScanner 5.1.571(Recommend): The Ultimate TagScanner: News

And the one that Mike suggested MusicBrainz Picard PicardTagger - MusicBrainz

Hope this helps,
Captain

Mike, fugno and Captain;
Thanks much for the options, I'll be looking into these today.
I appreciate you efforts.
Randy

I would suggest you take a look at NeatMP3. It seems like a solid MP3 tag editor that also has organizing capabilities. It did the job very well for me.