Windows 7 Looking for an MP3 tag editor

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
I'm looking for a recommendation for a good simple MP3 tag editor, free would also be nice but if it's worth the purchase price, then I would buy it without hesitation.
In the past I've used a product called TigoTago, which worked great on XP, but seems to be a bit buggy on Win7 64bit Ultimate. I liked it because it supported large batch changes of Names from Tags as well as Tags based on names and or text, very handy. I would appreciate any recommendations based on your experience with other products

Last edited:
Hey Trouble, have you tried this one? PicardTagger - MusicBrainz

I used to use this until I switched completely to WMP for music. It picks up CDs and MP3s pretty well with its album search, but I always turn off the automatic library updating, since it very often can place the wrong tags on songs (WMP that is - not MusicBrainz).

DBpoweramp is a good editor and a great ripper and encoder, I don't use anything else for my audio needs. Also some great plugins.

Hello Randy,

There are quiet a few but i don't think it worth buying when you get lot of free ones out there.

Mp3tag v2.46a : Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)

Batch Tag Editing Write ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once.
Support for Cover Art Download and add album covers to your files and make your library even more shiny.
Import from Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz Save typing and import tags from online databases like Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and more.
Replace characters or words Replace strings in tags and filenames (with support for Regular Expressions).
Create Playlists automatically Create and manage playlists automatically while editing.
Rename files from tags Rename files based on the tag information and import tags from filenames.
Export to HTML, RTF, CSV Generate nice reports and lists of your collection based on user-defined templates.
Full Unicode Support User-interface and tagging are fully Unicode compliant.
Besides these main features Mp3tag offers a variety of other functions and features ranging ranging from batch export of embedded album covers, over support for iTunes-specific tags like media type or TV Show settings, to combining multiple actions into groups that can be applied with a single mouse click.

TagScanner 5.1.571(Recommend): The Ultimate TagScanner: News

It supports basic tags such as artist, album, title, track, year and genre, and extended tags including composer, grouping, BPM (beats per minute), etc. Lyrics are shown below the album cover. Files can be renamed with Music Renamer and tags can be generated from file names.
TagScanner with its Tag Processor allows you to preview tags and cover arts from online databases before saving them into MP3 files.
However, it does not come with a normal windows menu. You may need to spend some time to get yourself familiarized with its user interface.

And the one that Mike suggested MusicBrainz Picard PicardTagger - MusicBrainz

It runs on multi platforms and adopts a new tagging concept that is album oriented, as opposed to tracks or files oriented tagging. It identifies track information by comparing a unique digital thumbprint to the information in the MusicBrainz database. Once the tracks are best matched, you can save their respective tag information into selected MP3 files. How To Tag Files With Picard is a helpful guide for a quick start.

Hope this helps,
Captain

Mike, fugno and Captain;
Thanks much for the options, I'll be looking into these today.
I appreciate you efforts.
Randy

I would suggest you take a look at NeatMP3. It seems like a solid MP3 tag editor that also has organizing capabilities. It did the job very well for me.

Back