Windows 7 Loopback Adapter Issue

djd80

Hi All

I bought an LG NAS a few days ago and have been setting it up yesterday and today. I have it working perfectly on an old laptop which I was testing with however I am unable to get it working on what is our main laptop for travelling. The NAS itself is fine but it seems to be a Windows issue with the other laptop.

There is a feature which is an installable app called Remote Network Drive which lets you view the NAS folders from a remote location through Windows Explorer as if you were using it locally. This works fine on one laptop but then the app tries to run on the newer laptop I get a "Can't create loopback device" message and it fails. It uses the loopback adapter somehow to map to the remote storage.

I have done the following

Initially I tried a re-install which didnt work. Then I went and installed Microsoft Loopback Adapter manually and then reinstalled the app again but no good either.

I compared it to the laptop which is working fine and the only difference I can see is that the working Windows version is 32bit and the non working version is 64bit. Also while the properties of the Loopback adapter in the device manager are identical, the version is the exact same, the laptop which is working has renamed the adapter from "Microsoft Loopback Adapter" to "Remote Network Drive Adapter#0"

Im not sure if that actually matters but that's the only difference I can see.

Any help is greatly apreciated

Looking at the link you provided and checking the reviews and specs it all seems very good. All the reviews are all good and no negative/bad ones. The specs are unclear as to whether what type of bit OS it's compliant with....in fact it says nothing at all about the versions of OS compatibility. So you may indeed have found your issue. I would suggest sending a support ticket to LG, stating your problem using this NAS with your type of set up.

Back