Windows 7 Loss of Gadgets - a Reason

nehoma

Honorable Member
when I installed the software ( 64bit for Vista, not the driver) for my Logitech webcam my gadgets dissapeared and could not be made to work. When I uninstalled the software the gadgets returned to normal. The webcam works ok without its software in programs where a webcam is used eg Skype

Last edited:
What version of Win7 are you using? With Windows 7 Pro (32 bit), the logitech software works without a issue. Try creating a VM with the 32 bit version and install the software. See if that fixes the issues.

when I installed the software ( 64bit for Vista, not the driver) for my Logitech webcam my gadgets dissapeared and could not be made to work. When I uninstalled the software the gadgets returned to normal. The webcam works ok without its software in programs where a webcam is used eg Skype

Hi Nehoma,
you could always try the compaibility tab see if that helps any...

Don't even consider trying to use the software that Logitech supplies. There's no way to make it work. There's a previous thread about this. I spent about 6 hours trying everything that was suggested and never got it to work.

Like eigtba says it works for them in 32 bit but it won't on my 64 bit machine.

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-hardware/1094-logitech-quickcam-express-doesnt-work-all.html

Just install the drivers, if they're not already working, like it was suggested in post #18. If it will work with other programs be satisfied with that. Mine works with Yahoo Messenger and Skype.

Last edited:
You're welcome Kemical. I just hope I can save somebody else from going through the grief I went through with their software.

I was just posting information rather than looking for answers. The Logitech software worked fine its just that the gadgets dont work with it. I expect new software will come along. I can manage with it as it is.
Thanks for interest tho.

Back