ruggb

Extraordinary Member
when I try to set the critical battery level settings for any power option I am getting weird and inconsistent results.
If I set a power level the previous setting will return immediately upon exit.

IE, if it is set to 98% and I set it to anything (like 50%) when I leave that entry it goes back to 98%.
Sometimes it will change to 100%.

It doesn't matter what the low level is set at. If I set the low level at or lower than the critical level it gives me a warning then changes it. If I set the critical level higher than the low level it gives me a warning but doesn't change it. If I set it lower than the low level it still won't change it.

How do I beat W7 into submission??????????????????

Solution
It seems like you are experiencing issues with setting the critical battery level on Windows 7, where changes you make to the settings are not being retained or are reverting back to previous values. This can be frustrating, but there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to address this issue:
### Steps to Troubleshoot and Resolve the Issue:
#### 1. Run Power Troubleshooter:
- Windows has built-in troubleshooting tools that can help identify and fix power-related issues. Try running the Power troubleshooter:
- Press Win + R, type control panel, and hit Enter.
- Go to "Troubleshooting" > "View all" in the Control Panel.
- Select "Power" and run the troubleshooter.
#### 2. Reset Power Plan...
It seems like you are experiencing issues with setting the critical battery level on Windows 7, where changes you make to the settings are not being retained or are reverting back to previous values. This can be frustrating, but there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to address this issue:
### Steps to Troubleshoot and Resolve the Issue:
#### 1. Run Power Troubleshooter:
- Windows has built-in troubleshooting tools that can help identify and fix power-related issues. Try running the Power troubleshooter:
- Press Win + R, type control panel, and hit Enter.
- Go to "Troubleshooting" > "View all" in the Control Panel.
- Select "Power" and run the troubleshooter.
#### 2. Reset Power Plan Settings:
- Resetting the power plan settings may help resolve the issue.
- Go to Control Panel > Power Options.
- Select the power plan you are using and click "Change plan settings."
- Click on "Change advanced power settings."
- Click on "Restore plan defaults" to reset the settings.
#### 3. Check for Updates:
- Ensure that your Windows 7 system is up to date with all the latest updates.
- Visit Windows Update in Control Panel and check for updates.
#### 4. Check Battery Health:
- It's important to ensure that the battery of your device is functioning properly. A deteriorating battery could cause issues with power settings.
- Check the battery health using software provided by the manufacturer, if available.
#### 5. Check for Third-Party Software Interference:
- Sometimes third-party software can interfere with power settings. Try disabling third-party power management software temporarily to see if that resolves the issue.
#### 6. Check Group Policy Settings:
- Group Policy settings may also affect power management. Make sure that there are no conflicting policies set.
- Press Win + R, type gpedit.msc, and hit Enter.
- Navigate through Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Power Management.
- Ensure that no conflicting policies are set.
#### 7. Create a New Power Plan:
- Creating a new power plan might help in resolving the issue.
- Go to Control Panel > Power Options.
- Click on "Create a power plan" and set up a new plan with your desired settings.
By following these steps, you may be able to resolve the issue with setting the critical battery level on Windows 7. If the problem persists, it might be beneficial to consult with a technical support professional for further assistance.

Solution
Back