Minimum processor state not working in Power Settings

Kreeep

Minimum processor state in advanced power settings does not make any difference in Windows 10/11 no matter what I set it to or what plan is active. Changing the Maximum processor state works just fine. I'm currently running Windows 11, but I had the same issue when using 10, so I imagine the solution would be the same. I have no idea how to fix this one. I'm dual booting with Windows 7 and it functions just as it should there. Specs as follows:

Ryzen 9 5900X
ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHZ CL16
GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

Windows 11 22H2 (Build 22621.1265)

I'm not too familiar with what might need to be adjusted in the BIOS to give Windows control of this, if that is even the issue. I heard enabling C1E support might do the trick, so anything that pertains to C-States I enabled, but no luck. I also heard AMD Cool n' Quiet might help, but that's not an option in my BIOS. I have PSS enabled, which might be equivalent.

Any help would be appreciated for this one! Thanks.

Check your power management settings in the BIOS. If the BIOS is already pre-optimized for certain overclocks or maximizing gaming performance, some of the power management related stuff may be switched off. I know you looked at the C-states and turned them back on. I would look at any custom OC settings or optimizations and try turning them off, this should at least get you back to the AMD spec on the board. Its also possible that you just can't get down to that minimum if the CPU is clocked a certain way. Are you using a normal clockspeed or are you using some optimized/turbo settings? Thats what I would look at as well.

I've tried resetting everything to optimised defaults, enabling and disabling a lot of different power settings. No luck unfortunately
010.png
As I said though, Windows 7 doesn't seem to have any issues with the Minimum power state being adjusted.

I do currently have Performance Boost Overdrive enabled in the BIOS, which is enabled by default anyway. Having it off or on doesn't make a difference to lowering clock speed at idle or Minimum power state being adjustable. The CPU seems to always just clock at its maximum set speed.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Back