Windows 7 M2NPV-MX Motherboard, Microphone not working with Win7

Skyliner

Hey!
The problem is that my microphone is not working with windows 7. I am using a M2NPV-MX type motherboard with integrated soundmax card.
I have tried to look up many soundmax drivers, but none of them seemed to be able to help my problem.
Although I have read the forums and found a topic about a speaker problem to the VM type of this motherboard, sadly the driver mentioned there was not able to help either.
Is there something similar driver, specificly to the MX type motherboards that i can try?

I checked your mobo and unfortunately under windows 7 there isn't a audio driver posted.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS M2NPV-MX

The chances of you finding such a driver could be slim although have you tried running the xp driver under compatibility mode?

Another option would be to upgrade the motherboard or purchase a cheap soundcard.

I checked your mobo and unfortunately under windows 7 there isn't a audio driver posted.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS M2NPV-MX

The chances of you finding such a driver could be slim although have you tried running the xp driver under compatibility mode?

Another option would be to upgrade the motherboard or purchase a cheap soundcard.

Yes i have tried the XP driver and i've got the following error msg on startup "No ADI codec driver installed"
Although there is still sound, microphone is still not working.

I have read another topic with the same issue this morning and the guy claimed his problem was solved by installing the vista driver in compatibility mode. But i haven't found that driver either, maybe i'm just out of luck.
The topic mentioned above: http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...ivers-asus-m2npv-mx-soundmax-adi-ad1986a.html

Last edited:
Well...finally i have found a couple of vista driver links in the faq database of asus for this mobo...
One of them proven to be "effective enough" although the volume of the microphone can't be increased anymore and the sound quality is "acceptable" with microphone amplification, but obviously with the right driver it could be a lot better.

For those who have the same problem I spent hours today and yesterday looking for the right driver, and found only this one, I don't think there is a better one at the moment.
You can download it from here and DONT FORGET to run the setup in vista compatibility mode.
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom