Windows 7 making windows7 bootable dvd

maifs

i have windowsXP operatng system. i want to make a DVD boobtable of WIndows7.

how can i make this.

not from any payable software, if freeware then recommend otherwise give me the tricks to make this bootable.

Last edited:

how can i make this.

not from any payable software, if freeware then recommend otherwise give me the tricks to make this bootable.

I don't understand the question.... The downloaded ISO is already bootable.
Burn and boot

What is a USB bootable?
you can connect all kinds of things to an USB socket:
Flash Drive;
External Hard Disk.
Extedernal DVD Player. ETC
Rephrase your question and be more precise otherwise you will not get the answer that you want.

:confused::)

if i want to make a USB bootable of windows7 then how can i?

If you're talking about a USB flash drive, first make sure it has a capacity of at least 4GB. Then run the command prompt (cmd) with administrator rights. Then run these commands:

diskpart
list disk
select disk 1 (replace 1 with the number reflecting your USB Drive)
clean
create partition primary
active
format fs=fat32 quick
assign

(close cmd)

Now download and install a program like UltraISO that allows you to virtually mount an ISO file. Go ahead and mount it and type in these commands into a new cmd window (also with admin rights):

X: CD BOOT (where X is the drive letter of the MOUNTED ISO)
CD BOOT
BOOTSECT.EXE /NT60 Y: (where Y is the driver letter of your USB flash drive)

Now all you have to do is copy the files from inside the ISO (by opening the virtually mounted drive) to the USB flash drive (NOT THE ISO FILE ITSELF). Your USB flash drive folder should look like this after copying:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Now restart your computer and through the BIOS set the boot priority to USB flash drives so it boots it instead of going to your OS like normal.

Hope you got it working well :)

Last edited:
but i dont have windows vista.

i have windowsxp.

when i try to do it , it doesnt show except a single disk 0.

can you explain the meaning of mount Windows 7 iso?

Last edited:
Hmm...I've only done a flash drive from XP once and it didn't work that well, so I wouldn't recommend it. For XP you're better off burning a DVD which will make it a lot easier.

how can i make this.

Let me try and help you, first I am sure you do not want to make a "BOOBTABLE"
So perhaps that English is not your first language.

1. have you downloaded the Windows 7 Release Client from Microsoft?
2. If you have you will notice that it is a .iso file, This ISO file has to be burned on to a DVD. This means that you have to have a DVD drive and iso burning software.
3. When the DVD is burned it will be bootable but only to install the Windows 7 program on to a hard drive which may be an internal or an external USB Hard drive which would include a flash drive as long as it is big enough I would think at least 8GB even then you would not get many programs on it.
4. why not instal it as an upgrade to your windows XP.
I hope this is helpful:p

Nehoma, XP can't upgrade to 7. From Vista, installing from flash drive is better than DVD in any way imaginable, but it's a pain making a bootable flash drive from XP so DVD is a more convenient solution.

Back