Windows 7 Many blue screens like PFN_List_corrupt and Bad_pool_header

christophe195

Hello,

i have installed 2 years ago windows 7 32bit op a windows vista tower, and it works fine. Now in begin of the schoolyear the computer HDD crasht, we have insert a new harddrive and installed windows 7 64bit.

But the windows 7 give's manny times blue screen, somtimes without a code, i know the code Pfn_List_Corrupt and Bad_Pool_Header but i down't know how i can fix this.

Can somewone help me fix this blue screens?
(i know somthing about computer's but not about fixing blue screens.)

Greathings christophe

Hi Christophe!
in order to help you best we need to see the dump files created when Windows blue screens. These are found in the main Windows folder in a folder marked 'Minidump'. If this folder or the dump files don't seem present then you may need to change settings so that they will be produced when the machine blue screens.
Try running the application found here:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Post the resulting zip file. If no dump files are present then change your settings like this:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

You will need to blue screen again before a dump file will be produced.

These will do for now thank you. If you have to post anymore in the future try using the app found in the above link as it does collect info that can be handy. Anyway I'll get on and start debugging these dumps, I'll post back again shortly.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8800409152c, fffff880061976d0, 0}

Probably caused by : aswSnx.sys ( aswSnx+7152c )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
you had quite few different dump files relating to a driver corrupting pooled memory although no driver was actually mentioned and it's possible you have some system corruption. The only dump file to actually mention a driver was the above. Bugcheck 3B can be caused by a faulty system service, out of date drivers and hardware issues (usually RAM). The actual driver being blamed belongs to Avast AV. Many of your system drivers are extremely old and need updating.

Please remove Avast AV and install MSE as this is super stable:
Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

Find command prompt in the start menu, right click on it and run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

e1y60x64.sys Mon Aug 18 22:45:05 2008: Intel(R) 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection
Drivers & Software

netr28x.sys Thu Feb 26 03:02:09 2009: Ralink RT2860 series Wireless LAN Card (you may have a different manufacturer). You may need to check your 'Add and remove programs to see which wireless lan driver your using and then try, via Google, to find an update

Try and update your chipset 'inf':
Drivers & Software

nvlddmkm.sys Tue Jul 14 17:05:31 2009: Nvidia GPU driver, I looked for a driver to suitable with your system which apparently runs an Nvidia G210 device:
NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce 341.92 Driver
Use this application to uninstall the old driver:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.7.2.2 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum

RTKVHD64.sys Mon Jul 20 11:52:29 2009: Realtek High Definition Audio Function Driver please update:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

There is a slight chance that your RAM may be faulty as a number of dump files pointed to hardware as the culprit. Let's try and get the drivers and Avast sorted first and then see if the bsod has stopped before starting to test the RAM.

Post any new dump files.

Hello,

netr28x.sys have i not done, it seems the same as the gigabit network connection,

We have a avast pay version.

I hope the blue screens are gone now, i wil update this wen they come back.

Thanks!

Ok Christophe, thanks for the update and hope all goes well. Post back if need be.

Back
Top Bottom