Windows 7 Mapping a network drive in Win7 RC

Lervik

I have trouble mapping a network drive in RC. I didnt't have a problem mapping it in the old beta, but with the new RC I get the error message 'wrong user name and password' (I 'm 100% sure the username and pass is correct). It is a network drive on my university and I connect by using a domain. The really strange thing is that I can access some network drives, but not all.

I have no idea why I can't access, any ideas?

---- UPDATED! PROBLEM SOLVED ---

Google had the answer :)

If anyone experience the same kind of problem, here is the solution of the problem:

- Click Start
- Click Control Panel
- Click System and Maintenance
- Click Administrative Tools
- Double-Click Local Security Policy
- In the left pane, click the triangle next to Local Policy
- In the left pane, click Security Options
- In the right pane near the bottom, double-click "Network security: LAN
manager authentication level"
- Click the drop-down box, and click "Send LM & NTLM responses"
- Click OK

Last edited:
I think there should be a collection box for solutions, Im mew to the forum, and solved my problem with the network
xp <----> windows 7

FIrst of all I guess it is microsofts intention to block XP connections

you need a registry patch to get the thing working, as soon as you have more then 1 machine to link

a) abandon Homegroop, not understood eneugh at this time
b) network connection as HOme and very open and conservative

C) hou need a patch to allow Windows 7 to service LANMGR

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentControllSet\Servicees\LanmanServer\parameters

set the "Size" value to 3 and off you go .....

Registered just to say thank you. This works perfectly when connecting to my companies 2k server. I was unable to browse the shared folders after upgrading from Beta to RC. After going through these steps everything is up and running perfectly.

I have trouble mapping a network drive in RC. I didnt't have a problem mapping it in the old beta, but with the new RC I get the error message 'wrong user name and password' (I 'm 100% sure the username and pass is correct). It is a network drive on my university and I connect by using a domain. The really strange thing is that I can access some network drives, but not all.

I have no idea why I can't access, any ideas?

---- UPDATED! PROBLEM SOLVED ---

Google had the answer :)

If anyone experience the same kind of problem, here is the solution of the problem:

- Click Start
- Click Control Panel
- Click System and Maintenance
- Click Administrative Tools
- Double-Click Local Security Policy
- In the left pane, click the triangle next to Local Policy
- In the left pane, click Security Options
- In the right pane near the bottom, double-click "Network security: LAN
manager authentication level"
- Click the drop-down box, and click "Send LM & NTLM responses"
- Click OK

I'm trying to user WebDrive on Windows 7 RC Bulid 7100 and i'm getting the following error when trying to connect to an FTP connection.

Code:
Can't map network drive: (1204) The specified network provider name is invalid.

WebDrive is a well know program that maps FTP connections as if they were removable drives. It works fine on Vista.

Any ideas?

NAS-drive and Win7 (D-Link DNS-313 and RC)

I'm not sure if my problems fall in this topic, but:

i have a NAS (10.0.1.5) that i can use from my PC (10.0.1.2) manually, when i want to save something there.

But if i like to use automated backup it tells me that there are some issues with backups even Win7 can copy someof the material to NAS. This is similar to case where you want to copy files from a Mac to NAS (NAS is ext2-format). Credentials, password and so on, are right - as i mentioned earlier i can copy manually files to NAS. All computers are in "workgroup".

My network typology is this ;

10.0.1.1 = router (Airport Extreme / DHCP)
10.0.1.2 = My Pc ( Win 7 )
10.0.1.3 = MacBook Air
10.0.1.4 = Wife's laptop ( Vista )
10.0.1.5 = NAS (fixed IP-adress)

Kari

Back