Windows 10 Maps addresses not found

ddebono

Hi,

I have a problem with all my W10 devices (PC and mobile). Both Insider and production.

I'm located in Norway, and if I search for an address in the Maps app on for example:

Kingsland road
Elizabetes iela

It doesnt find anything. This works in Here app.

If however I go into flight mode (offline) and use downloaded maps it will find them.

I have allowed to know my location, and the troubleshooter did not find any issues.

Addresses in my own country doesnt seem to be an issue. It's when searching for addresses in different country and being online.

I have checked with others also, and this seems to be a problem for many.

Did you try these addresses in Maps, and online ?

I'm just going through the app and it's various options. As you say it does seem to have an issue searching for addresses in other countries than your own. I'll post again shortly as I'm just reading through some search results.

Ok I got better results if the address your searching for includes a post code. Apart from that I'm unsure as to why your seeing a difference in online and offline mode. Perhaps it's simply a quirk of the app?

I did try the addresses you posted but the app would only search in London (my location) even if I added Norway to the line. I didn't try in offline mode but did try searching using a zip code and that seemed to work fine.

I'm in Latvia now and this bug in Maps is critical.

When online it will not find any addresses. When offline it will find the address from the downloaded maps, but then the public transport dont work. It says you have to be online to use this.

Finding public transport to a place is one of the best features in Maps.

My locale is Norwegian. The app is allowed to know my location, and it shows my location also.

The maps work in Norway, but not for other countries.

Back