Windows 7 Medal of Honor - Airborne won't install. Grrrrrr!

nazrog

Hi All,

Well, typical Windows rubbish.

Dose anyone know why, oh why Medal of Honor - Airborne won't install?

I don't get any error messages, it simply dose NOTHING... well almost.

I can start the setup, enter my CD key, then it tries to install PhysX (v 7.x.x.x), extracts files, loads installer, flashes up briefly a Command Prompt which instantly closes and then the installation dose nothing. No errors, no visable hint or suggestion, no processes running, simply stops for no reason I can tell.

I am currently using PhysX v 9.x.x.x, and have tried numerous Compatibility settings on EVERY executable on the DVD. Still no blumin' luck!

Nny advice or Windows 7 related abuse will be welcome!

PLEASE NOTE I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION TO THE ABOVE!!!!

The get the game to install i had to Uninstall PhsyX and Punkbuster. Very annoying, not really sure if this is a Windows 7 problem, or an EA one. But there you go, if anyone else is having this trouble, try that. Download the newst PhysX from nvidia first so after install you can update it.

Hope that is of help.

Last edited:
*Exact same issue as nazrog

Above user's fix worked. It saved me hours of frustration! *johnlarger bows to Nazrog* A side note... you only have to unistall the PhysX engine in the control panel. ***TEN thumbs up to Nazrog

*I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit RC (Release Candidate)

Last edited:
MoH Airborne installation fix

I've created a fix that allows you to install MoHA without changing your PhysX drivers (or installing the 2007 drivers on the MoHA DVD)

It also allows you to install MoHA on PCs that don't use/have Windows Firewall (aka ICS)

Fix is at http://www.mediafire.com/?omo1mnqzwz0

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Re: MoH Airborne installation fix

hi i hv also got it. u just need to uninstall the already installed physx then start the autorun, enter the key and let it install its own version of physx. then it'll go normal.i am using windows 7 home basic 64 bit and it is running well.
If u are hving problem with uninstalling the physx then use Revo Uninstaller Pro. it will be beneficial. hv a nice time

hi i hv also got it. u just need to uninstall the already installed physx then start the autorun, enter the key and let it install its own version of physx. then it'll go normal.i am using windows 7 home basic 64 bit and it is running well.
If u are hving problem with uninstalling the physx then use Revo Uninstaller Pro. it will be beneficial. hv a nice time

holexo, you're right, you can:

uninstall your current PhysX drivers, then use a driver cleaner program, then install the game and its 3+ year old PhysX drivers, then uninstall the old PhysX drivers, then use a driver cleaner program, then reinstall current PhysX drivers.

but it's a lot cleaner and quicker to use the fix I provided above. I just modified MoHA installation so it doesn't check PhysX - it just installs the game. :)

I'm also having problems but not with Physx. I just got the correct physx but when i install and it finishes it roles back (basically uninstalls the game) It says that i need to update something but i don't know what? please help.

My PC
windows 7
4GB RAM
220 nvidia Geforce GTX ( i know it's kinda **** but it can handle the game)
64 bit

hi all
i had troubles installing moha for 2 reasons: 1 with physx (which i solved), 2 the game freezes in the installing window at about 15/20 % and stays there all day. i'm running it on windows 10.
Do you guys have any idea why it stops there and doesnt finish the installation?

Back