Windows 10 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and other crashes. NEW Computer.

JakeCNA

So on Friday (July 7th) I received a brand new gaming computer courtesy of iBuyPower. I set it up my installing NVIDIA Drivers (game-ready etc) and other programs. When I was done I started downloading my games and other programs that are necessary for a healthy gaming computer experience.

I'd say within 2 hours of use I got my first BSOD. The error message was MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I got this BSOD another time after 45 minutes of use. After another restart I got another BSOD 45 minutes later but this one was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I ran a memory diagnostic and nothing was wrong, but after I ran the memory diagnostic no BSOD happened for another 24 hours. The BSOD I got after 24 hours of it working perfect was MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. It seems my computer is a bit bipolar because the BSOD isn't a schedule crash, it varies in time and type. Here are the dump files I got when following the 2 posts pinned on this forum. :)

Attachments

• SYSTEMREPORT.zip
    468.1 KB · Views: 377
  • W7F_09-07-2017.rar
    207.2 KB · Views: 255
One thing that may help, there are windows updates available as you seem to be on the anniversary update and not the current creators update built 15063. I'd do the updates and upgrade and see how it goes while you wait for expert BSOD assistance.

So on Friday (July 7th) I received a brand new gaming computer courtesy of iBuyPower.
Hi,
It's brand new and blue screening?

To be honest I would take the system back under warranty.

I'll take a look at your dump files but remember that you may invalidate your warranty if you do certain things.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {403, fffff300c3b253c0, f5200003dbc72847, fffff300c3b243c0}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup:     memory_corruption
Your Bugcheck indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.

Parameter 1 of the dump file identifies the exact violation. You can see in the brackets above the figure 403. This is from parameter one of the dump file and we can use this number against a chart:
Code:
0x403+

The page table and PFNs are out of sync . This is probably a hardware error, especially if parameters 3 & 4 differ by only a single bit.
Reference

Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Is this your motherboard?
Support For 760GMA-P34 (FX) | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global

I only ask as support for Windows 7 is as far as the drivers go..

As I said earlier, if it's brand new to you then take it back.

Thanks for the reply, that is my motherboard. Unfortunately I don't have a CD or a USB, I will most likely be bringing it back. Is there any other way its something that can be fixed easily, else I will just return it and build a PC. Last question, do you have any recommendations for computers that are around $1050 before tax and shipping? Pre-built or a custom doesn't matter, I need a computer that wont have these type of issues. I will most likely never buy from iBuyPower again for obvious reasons.

Regardless thanks for your time.

Unfortunately I don't have a CD or a USB, I will most likely be bringing it back. Is there any other way its something that can be fixed easily
Hmm... Well if the machine didn't blue screen until you updated drivers then you could try removing or reversing whatever it is you installed or updated.
It is possible for software to cause this bugcheck so try checking for restore point which would take you back before you installed anything.

Hmm... Well if the machine didn't blue screen until you updated drivers then you could try removing or reversing whatever it is you installed or updated.
It is possible for software to cause this bugcheck so try checking for restore point which would take you back before you installed anything.
Well, I looked for earliest restore points. It doesn't go back to when I installed the drivers. I could try a full factory reset if you recommend that. Although I don't know if the drivers that I installed caused the crashing to begin but I installed some GPU game ready drivers and messed with some registry stuff including removing xbox app's game DVR; the crashing happened before that though.

I am new to windows 10, so doing restoration points is new to me; so I might be missing something.

So crashing has been happening still, recently just received a new crash message DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION or something like that. Heres an updated system report, tell if there's any follow up news compared to last time.

Attachments

• SYSTEMREPORT.zip
    767.2 KB · Views: 337
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup:     memory_corruption
Hi,
this is your last dump file and is somewhat corrupted.

All the dump files sent ended with memory corruption as possible cause. I couldn't see any driver associated with the crash but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

As we are not sure which driver or drivers you updated you could either go for a reset or run the driver verifier and see if it turns up anything.

You will need to create a recovery usb/disk for win 10 as the verifier can at times cause a boot loop.

Driver Verifier - BSOD related - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista - Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Something I forgot the mention in my previous posts was that, actually it seems like the crashes are getting farther and farther apart I notice now that I crash way less often, not sure it theres anything behind it or if the crashed behind MEMORY_MANAGEMENT are random. It's something to take note, last time I crashed because of MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, i'm pretty sure it was after about 3-4 hours of playing WoW then it crashed. I don't know if it has a significance or maybe my computer is slowly fixing itself or whatever. I would like to hear your input on this. Also, about the restore; my last restore point doesnt go far enough. Like I said before I could attempt a factory reset if you feel like that is an option that could stop crashing.

I'd like to see the dump file please and don't forget about the above.

Any progress on that?

Also, about the restore; my last restore point doesnt go far enough. Like I said before I could attempt a factory reset if you feel like that is an option that could stop crashing.
As we are not sure which driver or drivers you updated you could either go for a reset or run the driver verifier and see if it turns up anything.

Don't have a USB, don't think I have a clear CD. I know you're thinking who tf doesnt have a USB in 2017 honestly couldn't tell you. Which dump file do you want? a new one?

Hmm.. Looks like i need to update my debugger symbols which might take an hour or so. Microsoft frustratingly doesn't always make it easy for us to help others but enough of me ranting lol.
Back shortly

Okay so the last two crashes I think I know why they happened. I was downloading a large file (10gb) from a installer, while playing overwatch. It crashed when doing both, it did it again and heres another updated thing. My computer seems to not like when I multi-task and crashes because of it.

Attachments

• W7F_12-07-2017.rar
    548.6 KB · Views: 251
Back