Windows 8 MEMORY_MANAGMENT x1 BSOD

GTXPlayer

Ok so I was using Windows as normal on my PC. I decided I would download a program to put files onto my Phone (Music etc). I managed to get Samsung Kies which allows me to transfer files the latter to my Phone. I had problems connecting the phone to the program, but not to my PC as a device. In the end, the device wouldn't connect at all via Kies so I couldn't transfer my phone contacts, so it was useless in the end. But it would connect via a Device without the program however this didn't help.

After this I uninstalled Kies. After I had finished on my PC, I turned it off and got a BSOD. My PC restarted perfectly and after waiting around 30s, I successfully logged back on. But then something strange happened.
I was prompt to launcher a Cleaning program. It was named MASetupCleaner.exe. I declined it for obvious reasons. I did some research to find out why it was running at it's connected to Samsung Kies. That very same program I was having issues with before I got the BSOD.

However, the BSOD claimed the problem was to do with memory as it said "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" as the source. however upon Login, I wasn't presented with BSOD info at all. No BCCode. I checked the System Events and all I could find was Critical Kernal-Power Events. No trace of anything to do with Memory Failure or Management. There was a MEMORY.DMP file created though, but when I try to look for it, it appears to not be there.

So I don't know how to fix this problem. Should I delete the MASetupCleaner.exe file or leave it? It's in sysWOW64 folder so it's part of the system now. Not sure what to do.

Hi,
You could try removing the file or software to see if the bsod stops? This link has information on the very file your asking about:
http://www.spyware-techie.com/masetupcleaner-exe-removal-guide

If the BSOD continues after taking whatever action you decide once reading the above then ensure your system settings are set like this:
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click OK and apply to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

This will ensure that a dump file is created when you bsod. If you look in the Windows folder for a folder called Minidump you'll find the dump files there and this thread explains what we need and how to post:
http://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help-with-a-bsod-problem.178480/

Hi,
You could try removing the file or software to see if the bsod stops? This link has information on the very file your asking about:
http://www.spyware-techie.com/masetupcleaner-exe-removal-guide

If the BSOD continues after taking whatever action you decide once reading the above then ensure your system settings are set like this:

This will ensure that a dump file is created when you bsod. If you look in the Windows folder for a folder called Minidump you'll find the dump files there and this thread explains what we need and how to post:
http://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help-with-a-bsod-problem.178480/

Thanks, but the file should be there anyway and it isn't. The location of the files is already set at that which you told me to put it as. Not sure if the BSOD's are still happening. I don't think they're. Just that file appears everytime when I boot.

It also seems that the MASetupCleaner.exe is not there anymore. Hell knows where it went. I haven't deleted it. I was about to but it's already gone. Computer seems to be working perfectly.

Looks like you remedied the situation by uninstalling the Samsung Kies... I guess if it ain't broke then don't fix it applies here and if problems should reappear post back.. :)

Back
Top Bottom