microsoft customer service review

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by ObsidianShocker, Nov 6, 2009.

1. ObsidianShocker

ObsidianShocker New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    in my opinion sadly the only thing you will experience from microsoft hotline is a waste of your time, and / or money.

my reasons were based on the following. i was transferred to three different reps, each of which i was asked my full name, phone number, email, edition of windows and reasons for calling. i was really feeling like a broken record repeating myself. and i feel that microsoft being the leader in technoligy should at the very least have some sort of logging computer system so the customer isn't left feeling like a poor sob who's just been jerked around by some employees who are left in the dark, or plainly just dont care about you.

after a 20 min phone call verifying my name number microsoft edition,was put on holds 3 times and disconnected once, they finaly got to asking some questions.

my problem was this, i had installed windows 7 64 bit edition and validated it successfully then i updated my intel dp35dp's mobo with the most recent bios install. my computer crashed. i did a bios recovery, windows loaded up fine.
    and then to my dismay my windows cd key was showing as invalid. so i called the toll free number where they told me that i would have to pay 65$ for a computer technition to walk me through the validation process. if i was to go through microsoft.

after having been extremely pissed off, i nearly hung up on the woman telling her that this was unacceptable and outrageous
    now, calm again i had a look at the clock. 12am not the right time. so i switched it and retried to validate. and ..... it worked no problems.

i am extremely disatisfied with the customer service reps who treated me like i was a thief or dumbass, with a credit card.
    thank you windows technoligy has failed us, as do your customer reps.
  2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Aug 28, 2007
    Sorry to hear you got messed about... I guess the moral of the story is to learn to trust yourself a bit more as it was you who eventually sorted it... [​IMG]

Cool nic by the way..