Windows 10 Microsoft Edge doesn't open

DavidESP1989

Hello to all. I'm trying to explain my problema quickly.

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 above one month ago, all worked great (I had been using Microsft Edge as default navigator without any problem).

But now, today, surrently Microsoft Edge is not working. I try to start it normally by the Start icon and nothing happens, it doesn't open (as if I didin't clicked the icon); the links that some people send me (by Skype, for example) that used to open with Edge (is my default browser) doesn't open too. I didn't found any form to open it. The navigator worked right this morning and now is not doing it, nothing has changed since that hours. Now I'm using Internet Explorer, that currently works fine.

I have all system updates installed, I tried a "sfc /scannow" process and a full antivirus check, I cleaned all temp files with CCleaner, I tried to run Edge starting Windows with Safe Mode, but nothing helped.

Does anyone has an idea what can be happening or what I can try to solve it? Any help would be so useful. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
There is a known known issue, which is spasmodic, in edge. I would call it a bug, MS call it a security flaw.. For the same flaw, I gave up using it.
Try this:
  1. Open Start Menu and go to Settings app
  2. Go to Network & Internet, and then to Ethernet
  3. Click on your connection icon, under Ethernet
  4. Change Find devices and content to On. If it is already ON, change it to Off.
  5. Restart your computer

There is a known known issue, which is spasmodic, in edge. I would call it a bug, MS call it a security flaw.. For the same flaw, I gave up using it.
Try this:
  1. Open Start Menu and go to Settings app
  2. Go to Network & Internet, and then to Ethernet
  3. Click on your connection icon, under Ethernet
  4. Change Find devices and content to On. If it is already ON, change it to Off.
  5. Restart your computer
Hello and thanks for your help. Just a few minuts ago I found a solution, so I couldn't try your.

That's what I did: reset Edge, by following the next steps:

Go to:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Clears it, including favourites and all. That does break Edge for the user. To get it running again from an admin PowerShell prompt;
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}

I hope it works for anyone that has the same problema; and thanks again for your help.
Greetings.

Back
Top Bottom