Microsoft Office 97 did not install because of AUTOEXEC.NT, Can Ignore Button continue or BSOD?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Yazan Al Habal, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Yazan Al Habal

Yazan Al Habal New Member

Long Story short:

I installed Windows on last summer or last 5 months from the past, Then My dad installed for me the D-Link because EZ driver was damaged, I thought I was installing Mozilla, Posting on Tom's Hardware where it causes the problems, I uninstalled Win8 Transform Pack, and I'm messing around my computer, I cleaned it, Messed again, and I cleaned it again, I installed some programs from Torch, I install Malwarebytes, and my Browser which is Torch Browser is quarantined. Then I messed around AUTOEXEC.NT some of it, Uninstalled Malwarebytes, I received the message that my Tom's Hardware was banned. So I messed around Comodo after installing Comodo, and I began to install Google Chrome in schooltime. I'm locating for Office 2000 and 97 ISO EN Downloads. One of my downloads was Vetusware, I extract the ISO then I extracted the files inside the ISO, and when I run the SETUP.EXE from Office 97 CD, It gives me that the AUTOEXEC.NT is not suitable for MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows apps. Choose 'Close' to terminate (close) the app, so I start to shit myself and worry.

Here's the photo of prompt that I received from MS-DOS or Win3.1 / 9x apps:

[​IMG]

What caused the problem with my Windows 9x apps? or should I click Ignore? What the button 'Ignore' does? Bluescreening? or should it continue run the app?

2. Yazan Al Habal

Yazan Al Habal New Member

I already expanded these 3 files and it solved the problem.