Microsoft Opening Shops Right Next to Apple Stores This Fall

loathe

Hell froze. Microsoft is openly acknowledging Apple's consumer electronics threat and going for the jugular. The company's COO Kevin Turner has officially announced that they will open their own retail srores "right next door to Apple this fall"

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Full story >>

With Microsoft Windows market share at a little under 90%, I dont think they have anything to worry about from Mac or Google.
Personally, I think this will have a negative effect for Windows, as all it will do it open the door for all the Windows users to the Mac world. If Mac was right next door why wouldnt you go have a look.

NICE,

I can see the fights breaking out know:)

Or, like the UPS driver who delivers a copy of Windows 7 to the MAC store.

I've been in one of those Microsoft stores on their compound (err, campus) and they were selling XP Pro for $29.95 and Office XP Pro for 39.95 (MS employees only). You should have seen the lines, unbelievable.

They were selling everything from clothes to mugs to software.

I bought the obligatory Microsoft T-shirt and had my girl transform it into Micro$oft.

Come on guys, I'm not Microsoft basher, just had to do it.

waiting for windows7forums.....This is horrendous, I' can't help people with no e-mail notifications.

Mike should be making the switch to a new server and new system very soon.. That will fix things permenantly.. ;) The site will be down for a day or two while he makes the switch but the end results will be well worth the wait.. :)

Thanks for that Radenight, I was getting a little worried.

Hey, just got a phone call about 1/2 hour ago for a job. Interview tomorrow at 11:00.

No time to cut hair, OH well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Microsoft's Retail Experience Center in Redmond, a possible clue as to its eventual store design:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Personally, I think this will have a negative effect for Windows, as all it will do it open the door for all the Windows users to the Mac world. If Mac was right next door why wouldnt you go have a look.

Maybe not. Check this out!

Wait; I don't recall every seeing a "Microsoft Store" anywhere :S I've seen tons of Apple Stores though.

Back
Top Bottom