Windows 7 Microsoft took back the 2.5 million limit!!!

Nothing mentioned from Microsoft... Dunno... I guess because there was too much interest and later MS will get all the bad comments because the rest from the 2.5 million wouldn't have got the beta...

It was mainly because of the downtime at first and because the interest shown was far greater than they ever expected.. ;) Maybe Microsoft is finally starting to care more about what we, the consumers, think about them and their products. :)... maybe...

If they would have done that originally then:

a) they may not have had all that downtime, and

b) I wouldn't have stayed up half the ruddy night trying to download it in case I missed out!!!

The thing that gets me is people KNEW there was going to be more then 2.5 million people on lol. They all prepared for it by waiting up all night and all day. I got my copy as soon after they got their servers back up and fixed lol. I gotta say Windows 7 is better then XP and Vista by far.

The thing that gets me is people KNEW there was going to be more then 2.5 million people on lol. They all prepared for it by waiting up all night and all day. I got my copy as soon after they got their servers back up and fixed lol. I gotta say Windows 7 is better then XP and Vista by far.

So far, I couldn't agree with you MORE. Although my experiences with VISTA have been limited and I've been reluctant to shell out another $300+ for Vista, I will, based on my experience with Windows 7 AND the Interview with Mark Russinovich on Microsoft Channel 9 about what's IN Windows 7, be upgrading as soon as this baby goes live.

Basically the interview outlines a few of the more significant changes that Windows 7 brings to the table over Vista. This is a MUST see interview: Mark Russinovich: Inside Windows 7 | Going Deep | Channel 9

As for the limit, it never was really set that way, other than to see what kind of "heat" can be generated. And boy was it, hence why the servers and key servers were loaded up for the long haul.

As for why, It's because MS is truly listening to the general public. It's no secret that the past the general public's voice was seriously forsaken to the likes of us MSDN & technet folk. What you had with Vista was more of a technical piece of OS, rather than simplicity. Again, as I mentioned before, please send in all your feedback to MS, there listening this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for the limit, it never was really set that way, other than to see what kind of "heat" can be generated. And boy was it, hence why the servers and key servers were loaded up for the long haul.

As for why, It's because MS is truly listening to the general public. It's no secret that the past the general public's voice was seriously forsaken to the likes of us MSDN & technet folk. What you had with Vista was more of a technical piece of OS, rather than simplicity. Again, as I mentioned before, please send in all your feedback to MS, there listening this time.

Agreed, I have been sending feedback daily and lots of it each time.. ;) I also agree that Microsoft seems to be listening to the "little guy" more this time around... it's a nice and welcomed change of pace.. Hopefully the end results will be a nice rock solid polished OS that meets and exceeds the needs of all kinds of consumers... :)

How much have you guys been paying for your OS's?

I keep hearing about people who have spent over $300 or so on some of these operating systems. I bought XP pro about a month ago, new, for $180, they had XP home for $120 and I saw vista distros for under $200 too.. Where are you guys going to find these things were they are so expensive? Is that what officemax or something sells them for?

Back