Windows Vista Microsoft Visual C++

jarumpeniti

Hi all....
When i view program and files to delete some unwanted software, i found out at my pc have 2 Microsoft Visual C++ files.
1) Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributeable
2) Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributeable x86 9.0.21022

my question is... can i delete/uninstall one of them?? especially the older one??
does it will affect my system if i delete it??

hope u all can help me...

Your best to leave them alone as deleting either could cause problems. I must have at least 10 updates to visual C++ and as I said they're best if left well alone..

ouh... ok
thanks for ur advice
but currenty i'm experiencing a problem with C++ runtime
one software cannot running because it causing C++ runtime error....
i dont know how to fix it...

1) Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributeable
2) Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributeable x86 9.0.21022
As Kemical said, leave them alone. If you uninstall them, you'll have to download and install these files again because many software products and pc games need these libraries and simply cannot run without them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update with these:

Download details: Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64)

Download details: Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)

Download details: Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

Download details: Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

currenty i'm experiencing a problem with C++ runtime
one software cannot running because it causing C++ runtime error....
The problem here can also be with the software itself, in case it was not written properly or if the software was designed for earlier windows versions. (To ensure better 7 compatibility with such files, it is possible to use compatibility mode: file properties > compatibility tab)

Get all the system updates as well as software fixes and patches. System updates should include KB980846:

For 64-bit systems:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

for 32-bit systems:

Download details: Update for Windows 7 (KB980846)

Edit: I see cybercore beat me to it....

Not at all Kem: we cannot be troubleshooting every minute 24 hrs a day, not possile physically, so quite normal that sometimes we are not here when someone updates his thread. I logged in and browsing new threads I noticed your reply was 3 hrs ago, and this thread was updated 30 minutes ago. What I did was to simply reply to a post that was added after yours. That's it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom