Microsoft VP Thinks Money-Scented Perfume Can Make You Stinking Rich

cybercore

Microsoft VP Thinks Money-Scented Perfume Can Make You Stinking Rich

A Chicago man has dreams of being stinking rich -- and thinks a line of fragrances with the smell of money is just the ticket for combining dollars with scents.

Patrick McCarthy, a vice president of sales at Microsoft, took a break from his day job to create His Money Cologne and Her Money Eau de Parfum, a line of his-and-hers fragrances that are designed to make the wearer smell like a million bucks -- or more, depending on how much you put on.

It's the first time he's attempted a fragrance, but he's certain the idea will be successful enough to fatten his bank account -- and the ones of those who wear it as well.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

"I really feel that people who wear this will feel more confident," McCarthy told AOL News. "I got the idea after reading a story about a Japanese study that showed a significant increase in worker productivity when the smell of money was pumped through vents into factories."

And when McCarthy went to his ATM and noticed how much he enjoyed the scent of fresh, crisp bills, he really smelled the potential for making a mint.

"[The odor of money] is a unique fragrance," he said.

Once McCarthy decided to create a cash cologne, he trademarked the term "money" in relation to a fragrance.

Then he sniffed out a man named Larry Murrison, who is known as "the Nose" in the fragrance industry for his ability to create new scents.

"It turns out he lived only three miles away," said McCarthy. "He created a Michael Jordan fragrance and one for Johnny Carson and was willing to help me out."

McCarthy says "the Nose" explained how a perfume is put together, from the oils and other chemicals to the bottles that hold the scents.

"I asked him what the best-selling fragrances over the last 10 years were, because I didn't want to emulate something that was only popular for two years or so," he said. "Those turned out to be Acqua di Gio by Armani and Happy by Clinique."

Once the order was placed, Murrison took the smell of real money and reverse-engineered it into a solvent that smelled like cold, hard cash.

"Then we added the right mixture of oils to make it work for men and for women," McCarthy said.

According to the official press info, the male version, His Money Cologne, combines "the woody aroma of newly printed money with a bold fusion of fresh ocean breezes, and bright citrus notes are joined by rosemary, grass, and precious woods."

Meanwhile, the ladies' version, Her Money Eau de Parfum, "begins with the clean scent of freshly minted bills. Vibrant pink grapefruit and mandarin give it a citrus kick that's enhanced by freesia, passionfruit, Hawaiian wedding flower and a soft hint of melon."
Both of the cash-scented fragrances sell for around $35 online, and that's a bargain, considering each of them is packed in what McCarthy estimates is $500 of shredded U.S. money.

McCarthy figures that's a reasonable price to pay since smelling like money is sure to give someone confidence.

"We have had quite a bit of positive customer feedback," he said. "I'd like to think that people will use it as part of our economic recovery. I got an order from a serviceman in Afghanistan and sent him a bunch of extra bottles.

"They understand what they're fighting for and a lot of it is money."

Even better: So far, no one using the fragrances has been mugged yet by a thief who assumes he's robbing a millionaire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom