Microsoft will no longer support ActiveX as of 2015

ILUVSF

I just read in my E-mail today from PC MAG that Microsoft will no longer support ActiveX as of 2015, or was it with the new Windows 8? Just 3 years after I purchaced Windows 7?
What in the wide world of sports is agoin' on here???
Call Windows 8 for what it really is , Vista 2.0!!!
Most..THE TREMENDOUS majority of PC users are THRILLED with either XP or Windows 7!
The incredible cost to businesses that I've been reading about for the UNNECESSARY AND COSTLY UPGRADE TO VISTA2.0,oops I meant Windows 8, can not be afforded in todays economy.
DO THE RIGHT THING, MICROSOFT.Delay Windows 8,; and rework it so both the end-users that have systems with Windows 7-THE LARGE MAJORITY; and the ones that have the touch-screen tablets, and PC'S will both be happy, AND JUST NOT YOUR CORPORATE HEIRARCHY AND BIG-TICKET STOCKHOLDERS-you know, the 1 per-centers!::upset::

Just wondering.. If you are so against Windows 8 why are you bothering to post all the negativity about it on here.. why not just join the Win 7 forum and have your fun there.. or are you just a troll........................

G

Just wondering.. If you are so against Windows 8 why are you bothering to post all the negativity about it on here.. why not just join the Win 7 forum and have your fun there.. or are you just a troll........................

G

Did you bother to read my post?
I guess not
I'm not a troll, like you, just presenting facts

thanks for your reply..and yes I did read your post,,,, it does not warrant further discussion. take care..

I just read in my E-mail today from PC MAG that Microsoft will no longer support ActiveX as of 2015

Not too sure about the validity of that statement. Try Googling it and see if anything pops up.....

Thank goodness ActiveX is and will always be an awful security risk. Good riddance :)

Back